Search results

1. The Real Gabriel

Review and Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC

Had a good laugh yesterday when the remote dropped and exposed the added weights for some more oemph in the remote.
  2. The Real Gabriel

NAD M33 Streaming Amplifier Review

No need to reiterate what I wrote a couple posts ago. While a great device, it was not for me. My deal breaker was the unavoidable delay of minimum ~50ms. Guess I'm a bit sentimental; really loved everything else despite some quirks here and there. Very close to a perfect product and it makes me...
  3. The Real Gabriel

Wrote a review for the M33 at Crutchfield mentioning the problems. Needless to say, they did not post it, guess it was not positive enough. My glowing review of the C298 was posted though.
  4. The Real Gabriel

Interesting how no review out there mentions this.
  5. The Real Gabriel

NAD C 298 Power Amplifier With Purifi Eigentakt Amplification

With the M33, had to turn the treble down 3db to make it sound acceptable. This was not needed with the RME DAC. Clearly something is going on then. EDIT: Not here to argue about what is scientific and what is not. Just wanted to post my experience with these devices. I for one appreciate if...
  6. The Real Gabriel

Well aware. Never claimed to have tested the scientific way. But opinions should be allowed to be mentioned. Otherwise this forum should be closed to non proven science people.
  7. The Real Gabriel

Well, it's clear to me and my wife; maybe it's the ESS hump. My old Topping D50 induces similar fatigue.
  8. The Real Gabriel

The C298 replaced my M33. With RME ADI-2 Pro FS R doing pre-amp duty. Listening fatigue is gone, the lows are way more clear and the highs not so piercing anymore. Amazing that a 5k integrated has such a bad DAC implementation, even worse, there is no way to bypass it and go direct to the power...
  9. The Real Gabriel

You're right, it has premonition and shows you before you hear :p To me it's more clear. No measurements to back that up though. But the numbers are better on these separates, that's for sure. Was concerned the C298 was a bit on the uglier side, need to take that back now that it's actually...
  10. The Real Gabriel

My M33 replacement setup is done. The RME ADI-2 Pro FS R and the NAD C298. Definitely improvement over the M33. AB tested, not blind. No more delay, clunky BluOS and lagging VU metering. Very pleased and that for 1k less.
  11. The Real Gabriel

Internal processing does not have enough headroom it seems. Only way to improve this would be to lower the Sinad. A collaboration with RME would be in place here.
  12. The Real Gabriel

Ordered the ADI-2 Pro FS R to do DAC and Pre-amp duties with realtime DSP processing. Apperently they are able to do this in under 0.5ms factoring in AD conversion. Granted, it's not full Dirac but has the tools I was looking for. Loudness function seems exciting as well. Simply stunning how...
  13. The Real Gabriel

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

What is the processing time of this unit with an analogue XLR source? Would it be possible to play a live instrument with this and use PEQ and/or Dirac ? EDIT: Guess that means no. Found it here post #729
  14. The Real Gabriel

Yes, but barely audible. Don't know about the C298, it should be here in 2 days. I did confirm it had firmware 1.8, also, don't have a pre-amp with trigger, yet. So can't test that either.
  15. The Real Gabriel

When it's reviewed here with a headless Pink Panther, no thanks. The features from BluOS leave me cold as I have a computer for that. And quite frank, I think it looks hideous. At least the C298 can go behind the couch ;) That VU Meter thing is certainly an odd choice to say the least. As a...
  16. The Real Gabriel

Would be great. But official NAD suport said 'No' on multiple occasions, to me and others. This issue is also not new for BluOS (5+ years?!), that made my decision a lot easier honestly. So mine is going back. Already ordered the C298, now I just need to figure something out for volume control...
  17. The Real Gabriel

Deliberate even... This was the response from NAD: "I do not expect there to be any updates altering this behaviour in the M33 as I believe this is universal for all BluOS enabled devices. " Guess I could have know beforehand by digging deeper. No reviewer mentioned it. Now upon researching, I...
  18. The Real Gabriel

This seems to be normal for AVR's. I explicitly bought this device to avoid all the nonsense that are AVR boxes. Think I'm going for the C298 and do my equalization on the computer again that I use for playback with the D50 from Topping. The only loss will be my tone controls as Dirac is not...
  19. The Real Gabriel

Would a bypass be possible with firmware ? I really love this thing but it would ruin my DJ experience at home.
Top Bottom