Search results

1. L

Upmixing - where are we at? Have people compared upmixers?

Used to mount my MTM center speaker beneath my projector screen - way below ear level . DSU upmixing just didn’t sound good. Center spread “helped” a bit , but still inferior compared to plain stereo listening. So I never bothered with DSU upmixing of stereo music. When I changed to acoustic...
  2. L

NEOHIPO ET30 VU Meter Speaker Switcher Review

Frivolous, and happy Thanks Amir for the nice review.
  3. L

Constant Beamwidth Transducer (CBT) Speakers

Wow, not for an amateur weekend DIY guy like me ! Do share pics when you are done . Thanks
  4. L

I am very interested in how you will do the ceiling mounting. I have a pair of CBT24 that I may try ceiling installation one day !
  5. L

Are you guys also looking at low profile center speaker for acoustics transparent application? Something straight instead of curved like the JBL Pro series.
  6. L

Mushy dialogue - Don’t Blame your Center Speaker?

I find this interesting. Do older movies have clearer dialogues? https://www.slashfilm.com/673162/heres-why-movie-dialogue-has-gotten-more-difficult-to-understand-and-three-ways-to-fix-it/?utm_source=pocket-newtab&s=09
  7. L

JBL CBT 70J-1 Review (Constant Beam Transducer)

Thanks Archaea, dasdoing and Dj7675 for your kind analyses and suggestions. I guess a mixed living room/home theatre in a small apartment have more limitations on what I can do. I went with the much smaller CBT50 instead of CBT70J (also for $ reasons) as I think the latter will overwhelm my...
  8. L

Yes. But I would probably need to move the sofa into the room quite a distance to get the right angle for the desired effect. Unfortunately not a possible option - room depth is only about 3.2m. And I have a 92” screen that will be too close… As jhaider posted earlier, also a challenge to mount...
  9. L

I have the smaller CBT50 as my side surrounds in a 5.1.2 configuration. While the immersive middle seat area is great (and feels wider), the most outside-seats right next to the surround speaker are still not very good. I find outside-seats surround sound most distracting for listeners when...
  10. L

By sheer luck I found an AV Pro with a couple of JBL CBT50LA-1 for sale from a recently decommissioned installation. I bought 3 pairs from him at very reasonable price. Installed them as my side surrounds, overhead Atmos, and Center to complement my existing CBT24 in a 5.1.2 configuration. It’s...
  11. L

I bought my CBT24 right after reading the Sound & Vision review. After almost 4 years, I am still floored by how fantastic they sound to my amateur ears. I am quite disappointed that these are no longer available from Parts Express! Have anyone used the JBL CBT 100LA-1 in a home theatre...
Top Bottom