Search results

1. D

Topping BC3 Review (Bluetooth Receiver) & BT CODECs

Topping replied to a similar enquiry on their Facebook: "This can be done but it is not recommended. It is not good for battery health because it is kept fully charged for a long time without discharging."
  2. D

1. If connecting with Toslink, the digital signal will need to go to K5's DAC. You are only bypassing DAC on the Topping BC3. 2. Volume control on BC3 is disabled via Toslink output. Will be set to max. You can control volume via K5. Control via phone likely not possible. 3. Unlikely to be...
  3. D

Hi all. I'm deciding between the Topping BC3 and the iFi Zen Blue, and will be using mainly the optical out, so I'm not too concerned on the DAC or amp portion. Looking at the Bluetooth chipset, iFi is using the newer QCC5100 chipset for the Bluetooth decoding, while the Topping BC3 is using the...
  4. D

Hifiman Ananda Review (headphone)

My Topping DX3 can get about 700mW, so I guess my main concern should be about damaging my hearing first rather than not enough power for the Ananda. On a separate note, I'm usually a lurker here, but I find many of your posts in the pasts have been very helpful to beginning audiophiles like me...
  5. D

Hifiman Ananda Review (headphone)

I just want to say thanks for this post. In another forum I see people are recommending at least 2w for the Ananda (which is a lot) and I was just worried I might need to upgrade my amp and whether there is even a science behind the 2w required. This post has calmed my nerves.
  6. D

Hifiman Sundara vs. Ananda layman comparison.

Thank you for the reply! Yeah I agree that this particular song is compressed but there is a good balance between instruments and vocals and it's one of my favourite songs when I'm trying out headphones. I always try to find the balance where the vocal sounds good but the instruments are still...
  7. D

Hifiman Sundara vs. Ananda layman comparison.

Hi! Thanks for the review! I noticed you compared the two using Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing. I know this is really subjective but may I know if you prefer Sundara or Ananda for this song? Thanks!
Top Bottom