Search results

1. G

Soundcraft Notepad 5 Audio Interface Review

I don't know why only the converter part was tested. I would very much like to know how the headphone output performs, and how much noise the analóg mixer makes. And more importantly, if it is any better than a Behringer Xenyx for the added price. Most people would use these as a monitor...
  2. G

FS: Weiss dac 202

hi, do you have this still?
  3. G

RMAF 2016: Prism Sound

Ahh, okay :) Have a great day!
  4. G

RMAF 2016: Prism Sound

@amirm, I know this is an old post - but may I ask what you didn't like about the speakers? Were they active or passive? (if passive: bi-/triamplified, or just through one channel of amp on each side?) Thanks :) Would you recommend the Callia btw? I didn't find any measurements of it, although...
  5. G

Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

What do you find the ADI-2 compared to the D90s to be like, soundwise? eg: more open, better/worse imaging, etcetc. I know the parameters are perfect, but still. (So we're the parameters of my Apollo Twin X Duo which O had to sell because I felt it compressed the sound somehow. Or maybe I got a...
  6. G

Topping PA5 measurements )

Class D amplifiers are much more effective than A/B topology ones. Class D is about 90% of efficiency, while A/B are much less. Thus they produce more heat, so they need heatsinks. Class D produces much less heat than a Class A, B, A/B etc. But correct me if I'm wrong @JohnYang1997
  7. G

ATC speakers / Monitors

On the contrary! (Active) ATCs sound almost the same. The only thing changing is max SPL and bass extension as we're going up in size/model.
  8. G

ATC speakers / Monitors

@TheBatsEar , @dfuller Doesn't worth the hassle arguing with a troll... Just report to @amirm of one of the moderators. I've seen people kicked out of this forum beforehand. This might be the outcome here, if he doesn't repent.
  9. G

ATC speakers / Monitors

I reckon, the Apollo X series converters stated above might have been the previous models (blackface version) then, but it doesn't make a difference in this case.
  10. G

ATC speakers / Monitors

The Neumanns' midrange is somewhat compressed compared to the utterly translucent, linear, airy mids of the ATCs. I hope this helps, although it was years ago. The only down-to-earth / "exact" thing I can recall is that I was listening to some mp3 (after treating myself with some proper...
  11. G

ATC speakers / Monitors

I'm not sure if I should comment on this thread, as everyone seems to be biased towards each side... Just what my take is: it would be better not telling assumptions based on what others heard, or rather, based on what you didn't hear so far. I've demoed Neumanns KH310 and ATC SCM25s side by...
  12. G

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

May I ask @JohnYang1997, just out of curiosity, what volume control method the D90SE is using? Like Pre90 is analog, it's probably a ladder-resistor system with relays/multiplexer or similar to make the switching between the resistors. (And possibly using impedance boosting or something in the...
  13. G

Topping D90 MQA Vs SMSL SU-9 Vs Gustard DAC-X16

Hi, I'm in the same decision. I could buy a Topping D90 (non-MQA) used, or a Gustard X16 new. What do you think would suit me best in my (home, hobby) studio for critical listening on active studio monitors? (I already have a preamp, would use it as DAC)
Top Bottom