Search results

1. I0000dayz

Blind Listening Test 2: Neumann KH 80 vs JBL 305p MkII vs Edifier R1280T vs RCF Arya Pro5

Interesting finds. Btw what EQ settings did you use for the Edifier RT1280?
  2. I0000dayz

Sennheiser HD660S Review (Headphone)

€599 seems stretched to be honest (that's the price of an LCD-2C on offer), assuming only the frequency response is different between the 660s and 660S2. I'm a huge fan of the original 660S with EQ (the imaging, dynamics and timbre are superb at €350), but if they keep the plastic design for the...
  3. I0000dayz

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

Monoprice Monolith M1060c - no one else knows how to measure this pair on the internet
  4. I0000dayz

I apply preamp to avoid clipping, it isn't that. I always EQ all of my headphone to match the Harman curve and audition them carefully. The HD660s simply doesn't take it too well in the sub-bass region. Robbo99999 says bass distortion can be audible with the 600 series, I don't know, but if it...
  5. I0000dayz

I think so, it's not extremely obvious but it makes the bass sound "crunchy" at times, just not very smooth and lacks texture. It certainly sounds a bit unnatural for the headphone to produce these very low frequencies. Their mid bass is absolutely wonderful though... :)
  6. I0000dayz

I never use EQs from ASR review threads, they do their job but they're made by eye. I don't know about the HD650 and the HD58X, but the HD660s lacks sub-bass regardless of how much you boost it, it's not gonna reach those deep -45hz frequencies unless you apply a ridiculous 12-15db boost, which...
  7. I0000dayz

HD660s is one of the best headphones ever with EQ in my opinion. Their mids section shows a technical tour de force, with perfect timbre, speed and dynamics. It's sad to see that their bass distortion levels are so high, but expected. After EQ there are two problems remaining: - weak bass...
  8. I0000dayz

Potential New 3.5mm USB-C Dongles & USB DAC/AMPs

WOAH, YOU GOT ME TBH!!1! Except it's a fact the iBasso DC03 measures better (unless the measurements from the Chinese site are fake). I'm only defending it because of that reason, while the Meizu fanboys defend what is obvious a inferior product - more distortion, less dynamic range, about the...
  9. I0000dayz

But... isn't the Meizu Hifi Pro, like, nearly impossible to find nowadays? Also, the iBasso DC-03 measures better in every way. I don't get the fanboyism over the Meizu tbh.
  10. I0000dayz

Thanks a lot for your recommendation. I am extremely happy with how this sounds compared to my Ifi Zen Can. The sound of the iBasso DC03 is extremely clean and instrument separation is top notch, also it has more than enough amplification power. I'm however most impressed with the dynamic range...
  11. I0000dayz

I see. Then I will look into iBasso DC03 like S34MH1 recommended me. One question I have is whether the sound quality is much different from desktop DACs? I've read a thread on head-fi where people describe that the sound is "great for a USB DAC" and people here writing there's no perceptible...
  12. I0000dayz

Hey guys, I am new here and I am looking for a good, cheap USB-C to 3.5mm DAC I can find on Amazon Europe, preferably .de Initially I wanted to go with the notorious Apple dongle but I've read that the EU version has half the power of the American version and I'm not sure it can drive my...
Top Bottom