Search results

1. T

Audio Interface recommendations for guitar & high impedance headphones

Would a MOTU Ultralite MK3 be better than an MOTU M4? Also would I still need a Headphone amp with the Ultralite?
  2. T

SSl 2, Motu M2, or other

I'll add as I'm also looking to upgrade my first gen Scarlett, the signal does clip when running in INST mode and it's a common problem with them; but, if it's not broken and you can record without clipping then don't replace it.
  3. T

Could I use a a budget bookshelf speaker as an Audio Monitor?

That's on heck of a useful website. I think I can fit even the lp-6's on my desk but is there a convention behind horizontal distances between monitors that I should be aware off? My desk is probably ~50inches in length, if that's relevant.
  4. T

I'm short on space but not that short... I'd hope; lemme measure desk dimensions just to be safe. It seems like the JBL's and Kali's have only minor differences so I'll be on the lookout for both used or even save a little then buy new from Thomann.
  5. T

Sweet, looked at these, it seems like they aren't so bad if I do my work with them and EQ properly. What's crazy is that I've heard nothing but bad things about the CR3-X by Mackie but data seems to discredit the anecdote, to an extent. Nonetheless I'm wondering if my best bet is just to go...
  6. T

What is your daily job ? ... any hobbies ?

I'm a CS Student, audio is a side-hobby that came from my gaming. My current study revolves around AI. My big hobbies are martial arts, reading manga/fantasy literature and , more recently, learning guitar.
  7. T

4.4mm to 1/4'' male adapter or get new cables?

Well, I get your logic but I have a set of cables already that I can't use. So it's either I've got a wasted set of cables or I've got to find an adapter, which isn't as common as I would expect. Honestly, I'd do this if anything. Is there a guide, do I need a soldering iron?
  8. T

4.4mm to 1/4'' male adapter or get new cables?

Hi all, to keep it short it's as title says. I realized I screwed up after ordering ali-express cables, I wanted cables that'd allow me to use my IEM's in my 2i2. Unfortunately, for some reason, I'd mistaken the 4.4mm option as the 1/4' inch equivalent. Now I've got nice braided cables that I...
  9. T

Yeah I can wait till the weekend, let's see what the data says; that'll be more informative than any anecdote. Although, I've heard that woofer size is an important factor for a monitor from other sources, will the small size of these monitors be detrimental? I've seen both fizz and hiss used...
  10. T

Audio from PC - budget $500, very newbie

Why does this happen with active speakers? What causes the degradation over time, where are the stress points in a PC > Interface > Active Speaker chain?
  11. T

Hi all, sorry about the delay; I'll reply to you all at once. Ok, getting something flatter to start makes the most sense. Tho I've heard the Adam T5V in particular are fizzy, the others are all good choices but inflated considering I'm not in USA/CA, pairs of the aforementioned montiors are...
  12. T

Hi all, I've been a budget audiophile for a while, my 2i2(Gen 1) and HD58x's have continued to server me well without breaking the bank. However, I'm in need of a pair of speakers to monitor my audio and, unlike with my gaming and music preferences, I don't know what denotes a good reference...
  13. T

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

Good to know, I may need a new interface and I've been eyeing the M4 for a while, I wonder if any driver updates have improved the ADC performance since the review?
  14. T

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

Is the M4 still the best Interface in the price range it's in, headphone amp weaknesses aside?
Top Bottom