Search results

1. A

A Call For Humor!

In the early days of small electronic calculators I used an RP calculator as no-one stole it as the didn't know how to use it. Regards Andrew
  2. A

A Call For Humor!

Actually they mainly refract and disperse. But it's Xmas.
  3. A

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

True provided all the assumptions of the mathematical proof are met e.g. the input is suitably bandwidth limited. These constraints on input and reconstruction are often not met. Regards Andrew
  4. A

Any SPECTROGRAM experts? have a question/wondering if my idea is possible

This sounds like the equivalent if meteor detection. Not an expert but found this which may put you on the right track https://www.meteornews.net/2021/03/30/automated-feature-extraction-from-radio-meteor-spectrograms/ Regards Andrew
  5. A

Most aesthetically pleasing amplifiers

Certainly not one with VU meters. Distracting, pointless... ... I hate them. My Benchmark AHB2 is pure understated beauty. Regards Andrew
  6. A

KEF Reference and Blade Meta announced, but where is the R Meta?????

I have to admit to an irrational desire for a pair of blue Blade 2s. Forget the sinorama my expectation bias and pride of ownership would be off the scale Regards Andrew
  7. A

Are you a Subjectivist or an Objectivist?

I am firmly in the 44% (objectivist) camp but just as placebo, confirmation bias and the rest disrupt assesment of kit they can equally enhance ones enjoyment of music. I had a totally competent power amp with UV meters but I found them distracting. I now have a Benchmark AHB2 and love the...
  8. A

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

Given the care Benchmark take in shielding their switch mode supplies and general care in design I don't think RF is an issue with their kit. I did an informal test with my Stack bridge playing a silent track from local storage, into my DAC2 and AHB2 (balanced interconnects). I had my mobile...
  9. A

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

Maybe there is nothing to say. Mine with a DAC 2 and Kef 201/2, in my treated listening room, just deliver a great musical experience. Regards Andrew
  10. A

Wilson Audio TuneTot Review (high-end bookshelf speaker)

Soon be "Audio Subjective Review" With equalisation. Only kidding honest. Regards Andrew
  11. A

Speaker wires don't carry any energy (power).

Ok. For cables on the floor the external EM field will propagate in two differing dielectric materials (air and floor) with differing electric and magnetic permeabilities and hence speeds of light. This causes a dislocation in the signal resulting in.... (to be completed by the reader.) Adding...
  12. A

Indeed but they decouple at about 10^15 K so for describing physics of audio circuits they are effectivly separate. Regards Andrew
  13. A

Maybe we can discuss mc2 audio products https://www.mc2-audio.co.uk/
  14. A

I am not sure this is the conventional view. The "virtual" particle view is a computational approach similar to the computation of sin(x) via its expansion into an infinite series. At root QED and QCD are field theories. This https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/physics-virtual-particles/...
  15. A

The above is wrong. The boson that mediates the EM interactions is the photon. The W and Z bosons mediate the weak nuclear force. Energy can be in many forms not just particle interaction for example the rest mass energy of a nucleon. Regards Andrew
  16. A

In QED/QCD everything is described by quantum fields and there excitations. For the EM field there are some situations where a particle perspective of the excitations works but they are limited special cases not at all the norm. Regards Andrew
  17. A

It all comes down to perspective and which model is best suited to a given situation. We are happy to use Newtons laws at low relative velocities even though we know we have a more accurate theory in special relativity. No one would attempt to use Quantum Electrodynamics (QED) for an audio...
  18. A

Who Is Using Acoustic Panels?

I use them in my small box like atic room. Actually, it's two small boxes connected via a wide short corridor - almost a perfect resonator! Adding acoustic tiles to take out the high frequency first side reflections was the biggest single improvement to my system I have ever made. It just...
  19. A

Measured (!) speaker cable difference!?

Because! It is likely to mask the change you are trying to detect. What level of background noise does a typical room have? Mine is 30+ dB spl A weighted with considerable variance. Regards Andrew
  20. A

Measured (!) speaker cable difference!?

The practical issue would be background noise. Regards Andrew
Top Bottom