Search results

1. Krazywaffle

Audio-gd Digital Interface (Upgraded Clocks) vs Topping D10S

Thanks digitalfrost. My current conundrum applies to 2ch audio only. Have figured out a workaround for the “passing multichannel audio” question previously raised :)
  2. Krazywaffle

Thanks. What is Exclusive Mode? Have been considering D10s as it seems a good DAC (PCM and DSD) plus doubles as USB to SPDIF converter.
  3. Krazywaffle

Back to this question, but under slightly different circumstances. My goal now is to convert USB to SPDIF (Toslink and/or coaxial) in order to connect laptop to non-USB DAC (Meridian 565) as well as try coaxial/toslink input on PS Audio Digital Link III as the synchronous USB input is limited...
  4. Krazywaffle

Coax v/s Optical (toslink)

This has proven to be a very informative thread as I have been trying to figure out which method of connection between Mac mini (music server) and Meridian 568.2mm Processor is best: (1) Mac mini > Toslink > Meridian 568.2mm (currently used) (2) Mac mini > USB > Singxer SU-1, Gustard U16, or...
  5. Krazywaffle

Relationship between objective and subjective DAC quality?

I’d seriously consider the objective tests results if this data was available for both units in question, but alas it seems subjective perception is all I have to go on (like so many aspects of life).
  6. Krazywaffle

Very interesting point DSJR. Based on your criteria I’m still a bit torn. Meridan, as a company that I hold association with through the music enjoyment that their older equipment has brought me over the years, gets a strong vote towards their DAC (tech and visuals being equal). However, I also...
  7. Krazywaffle

Thanks everyone for the thought-provoking replies. It seems the essence of my conundrum is addressed in this thread: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/relationships-between-physical-sound-auditory-sound-perception-and-music-perception.5549/ This discussion reminds me...
  8. Krazywaffle

G’day all, Big fan of this forum so wanted to put my current conundrum “out there”. Recently obtained two used USB DACs that are both currently hooked up and being regularly switched for non-blind subjective assessment within my particular system. Subjective DAC test 1: PS Audio Digital Link...
  9. Krazywaffle

Music player application

Running a Mac mini (late 2014) as a music server I currently use VLC given the convenience of the iOS remote app (limited free version or $7/year paid). Didn't hear any difference in audio quality when using Pine Player or Clementine. Need to check again as I think Clementine might have a...
  10. Krazywaffle

Does Gustard U16 pass-thru multi-channel audio (AC3/DTS)?

End result is to obtain the same digital signal transfer via USB that I can (and currently do) obtain via optical Toslink connection (e.g., both 2 channel and 5 channel) because of the advantages associated with transferring digital data via asynchronous USB (jitter reduction via re-clocking)...
  11. Krazywaffle

Thanks for the informative reply. My understanding is that Gustard U16 is a digital interface, not a DAC, and thus just converts digital signal from one format (USB) to another (SPDIF). This is why I thought the U16 might passthrough multichannel audio signals like connecting a source directly...
  12. Krazywaffle

G'day all, Does anyone know if the Gustard U16 Digital Interface with latest firmware can pass multi-channel audio on to DAC for surround sound decoding? https://www.audiophile-store.com.au/products/gustard-u16-es8620-support-pcm32bit-768k-dsd512-dop-and-native-dsd-digital-interface After...
  13. Krazywaffle

Interestingly one of the first "cheap as chips" USB-TO-SPDIF converters that I came across when I first started the venture claims that it can pass AC3 and DTS audio onto DAC. Max resolution of 24/96. Asynchronous. No upsampling.Coaxial and Toslink output...
  14. Krazywaffle

Thanks for the informative reply. It seems most of the HiFi USB-to-SPDIF converters ($99-300AUD) don’t pass multichannel audio signals (AC3, DTS) on to DAC. Are you aware of any that do?
  15. Krazywaffle

Thanks for the feedback. Currently using Toslink-to-coaxial converters, which someone suggested could be adding substantial jitter to digital signal path. I suppose the question really comes down to whether Toslink optical into a DAC is inferior to USB-to-SPDIF > DAC pathway (given that source...
  16. Krazywaffle

G'day all, Anyone have experience with both these USB-to-SPDIF converters? If so, any insights regarding which provides better (i.e., less jitter) signal to downstream DAC would be greatly appreciated. They are about the same price but not sure how they differ in the number or types of...
Top Bottom