Search results

1. L

Denon AVR-X8500H AVR Review

There is no need to try this config in custom mode. It is possible.
  2. L

"Custom" Mode allows you nearly all possible combinations for internal/external amp per channel. I just missed the possibility to assign Front-Speaker B (if you ever use this combination) different to Front-A. This means, if you run 2 different Front-Speaker pairs, you can't assign Front-A to...
  3. L

Question regarding used DAC in "old" X8500H : Is anything known that even in the "old" version X8500H there are existing ES-DACs instead of the AKM AK4490-DAC? Is it possible that maybe the last built ones (when did the production of "H" stopped?) use ES9010KS2 ?
  4. L

Denon Replaces AKM AK4458 DAC IC in X4700H and X6700H

I just want to refer to my post in May this year. It was not easy for me to find the DAC-Board of my V1 X4700 (pre-may production). First, I had to remove the first and second horizontal board, then I found the main-zone DACs on the only vertically mounted board. I don't think a snake camera...
  5. L

The reason is maybe the possibility to play a different digital source at Zone 2 / 3 at the same time the two AK4458 are in use for main zone.
  6. L

Sony Acoustic Surface+ TV speaker Center Mode

Just ignore the phase error when using the center mode of Sony's acoustic surface. I also have this message with my Sony and sometimes my FL and FR Martin Logan Electrostats Speakers are also out of phase with correct wireing. The shown distance can also be ignored as the digital audio...
  7. L

Maybe. My Serial-Digits start with 0121, that would mean production date is January 2021 ? I ordered in January, Denon was delivered in April. Would also explain the "good old" AKM-DACs in my X4700.
  8. L

Ok, found the DACs. They are not on the 2nd board underneath the 1st one. There is a vertically fixed board between all horizontal boards and the power-amp section. After removing the 1st horizontal board you can clearly see the DACs on vertical one. At least for my 4700, they are still AK4458...
  9. L

Just opened the cover again of my new X4700. I removed the first board to be able to see the DACs. Any help how to find them? The rear side of the first board shows no DACs, also the upper side of the 2nd board (which is brown colour and connected with the analog video rca) contains nearly...
  10. L

No date stamp on the box or on the AVR. Serial No. gives no information about manufacturing date (at least for me).
  11. L

I just opened the cover of my last week delivered new X4700 to check the DACs: 3 x PCM5100A (2 Ch D/A ) :( 1 x AKM 5358 ( for 2 Ch A/D ) So, as far as I understand I have found downgraded D/A-Converters for 6 channels. Where are the other missing channels? Edit: The PCM5100A are for Zone...
  12. L

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

Ok, I just used my good old multi meter, everything unplugged in my Tube-Amp. Input impedance on the only existing cinch-input is about 81 kOhms. So it seems to be sound-effectless for the internal front amp when the ext. amp is passively connected.
  13. L

Hi peng, So you think there could be some effect to the internal FL+FR-amps while connecting a "turned off" external amp via cinch to the preouts when the input impedance of the ext. amps is not near infinite? My external amp is a simple Tube-Amp with EL34B-Tubes. I don't know too much about...
  14. L

Hi and thanks. I think you misunderstood my setup. I do not use the Front- A/B config of the Denon. For my "B-Speakers" I use a complete different setup with the X4700 as you are able to store 2 totally different amp and speaker-setups. You can change the 2 presets within a second via remote...
  15. L

Hi to everyone. Reading here for long time, now registered... My questions regarding the preamp-mode on my X4700: I am using 2 different front-speaker- setups( 2 different front-speakers on the left and equivalent on the right side) , FL/FR-1 is used mostly for films and TV and connected to...
Top Bottom