Search results

1. I

Mackie MR524 | Studio Monitor | Measurements & Subjective Impressions

Very cool, thanks! Did you try the 'acoustic space' switch? Maybe that could be used to tame the lowend.
  2. I

Klipsch The Fives Powered Bookshelf Speaker Review

I found a new firmware for the fives on klipsch webpage https://support.klipsch.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046482812-The-Fives-USB-Firmware-Update There is a bit.ly link there that leads to...
  3. I

SVS 3000 Micro Subwoofer (announced)

Why would it measure better? If you compare 1x12" vs 2x12" it would probably be better, but it's hardly fair as it would have twice the woofer area. Just assuming things are better because they are cool kinda goes against this forum.
  4. I

KEF LSX Review (Wireless Speaker)

Thanks for the review! I've had an eye on these for a while, seems feature rich with nice ascetics and not terrible performance. Guess I'll wait for the rumored v2 before even thinking about it :). This is a bit off topic, but The Fives low-end is definitely fixable with EQ (why would it not...
  5. I

Sub for Kali Audio IN-8 V2

I was looking at that one too before getting the Adam sub, but didn't find any specs on what level it can play 20Hz. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it! You don't happen to have a UMIK-1? :)
  6. I

I get that, it's actually the reason I have the Adam T10s in the office. I've just gotten spoiled by my HT sub since I got the Adam. After looking at Erin's measurement of the Kali, they go down to 44Hz, the Adam and JBL are both 32Hz at -3db. So you would still get a bit of extension. I was...
  7. I

Don't get any of those for 8-inch monitors. The specs (at least the Adam) is at -6db, not -3. They will not add any significant value aside from being able to place it in a more optimal position. Rather looks at SVS, Monolith, HSU.. Save a bit if you have to, it really is worth it.
  8. I

Klipsch The Three Review (Powered Speaker)

The Fives are actually quite decent in bass cut DSP mode https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/klipsch-the-fives-powered-bookshelf-speaker-review.22892/
  9. I

Can you beat my option? KEF LS50 Wireless II + SVS SB-2000 Pro

Thank you for the response. I got The Fives paird with a PC2000Pro. Very happy with the setup (and the wife is too!), but upgrades are always at the horizon so that's why I asked :). Let's hope Amir or Erin gets a hold of the KEFs some day.
  10. I

I was talking about measurements for KEF, no the Klipsch.
  11. I

How would you say The Fives compare to KEF LS50 WII? There is quite a price difference, but their features looks compelling. Sadly I dont think there is any high quality third party measurements of them online..
  12. I

Sonos Five

I got 2x One SL on 5Ghz wifi, so that definitely works.
  13. I

JBL Professional 708P Bi-Amplified 8-Inch Master Reference Monitor

Thanks for another review! I noticed that the first graphs are done at 85db, while the fives was done at ~96db, 305p at 92db. Is there any reason for that? Maybe it does not make sense for bigger speakers, but for small speakers, especially with DSP that could affect the response quite a bit.
  14. I

Klipsch The Fives

Here is one source mentioning it: https://www.audioadvice.com/videos-reviews/klipsch-the-fives-powered-speakers-system-tips-tricks-guide/#app
  15. I

Klipsch The Fives Powered Bookshelf Speaker Review

They do apply a proper crossover with HPF and LPF when plugging in a subwoofer.
Top Bottom