Search results

1. M

S.M.S.L. SD-9 Set-Up and Basic Review

mConnect access DLNA servers to fetch audio files but can render only to UPnP endpoints. I have used Volumio and it worked for me. Make sure you have DAC or output device properly set in playback device section. DLNA server for Volumio needs to be installed as a plugin. But even if you do that...
  2. M

S.M.S.L. SD-9 Set-Up and Basic Review

I can confirm that MQA over UPnP works (first unfold) with mConnect lite app on an iPod 5th gen (iOS 9.5.3) and a UPnP renderer (Moode Audio). I was able to play 96khz recording at 48khz. AFAIK, rendering MQA or any audio format for that matter from mConnect or similar apps only works with UPnP...
  3. M

Audivarna Studio

Can you please let me know how to get this view in Jriver?
  4. M

Audivarna Studio

This is nice. Are you using web player or Upnp streaming? Though I know Jriver works as an upnp endpoint and has web browser option builtin, I couldn't get Tidal or Spotify web players (I don't have Qobuz) to work in Jriver. When I said Jriver doesn't support HD streaming services, I was just...
  5. M

Audivarna Studio

Agree. Though Audirvana (if their statement during new version launch can be believed) doesnt seem to have closed doors on other HD streaming providers, Roon is still mired in their "we don't support anything other than Tidal or Qobuz" policy.
  6. M

Audivarna Studio

I installed Audirvana Studio and it came out as a software which was released in a hurry. Now being a subscription model, they should have done better! Or do they expect customers to subscribe and then wait for problems to get fixed? :rolleyes: Here are my observations: Whats good: 1. Better...
  7. M

Audivarna Studio

Plex is the closest you could get which works well for local library and Tidal subscription (no MQA though). It is also multi platform and also has option to access your local music from internet. You can also select output device for audio which makes it almost bit perfect. It costs about $120...
  8. M

What is the cause of "digital glare"?

Sorry to comment on an old thread, but couldn't resist after seeing the topic. An audiophile I knew said all sub $1000 DACs have "digital glare". He almost made it sound like DACs above the price range implement circuitry to remove the glare and I was almost sold into buying an expensive DAC :)...
Top Bottom