Search results

1. D

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

I wrote 0 dB or higher... (normally around +2 dB :) I guess my EQ -5.5 dB has offset much of the high gain extra headroom. Hope I’m making sense.
  2. D

I’m already on high gain :facepalm:
  3. D

Thanks. Since I’m almost maxed out on phone volume and 5k gain, will try reducing my bass boost by -1 dB to get 1 dB extra headroom.
  4. D

According to Oratory1990 PEQ, I have dialed in a 5.5dB gain at 105Hz (low shelf filter).
  5. D

Would be interesting to know how it pairs with the Emphyrean
  6. D

Thanks to ASR, I discovered this neat device, and have been using it for a week now pairing with my iPhone 12 Pro and Hifiman Sundara. Using the balanced high 4V output / my Tidal volume on the phone at max / using USB connection / PEQ at -5.5dB, I find that I need to set the Qudelix volume...
  7. D

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

Since I do not have “real” hi-res streaming services (Qobuz/Amazon HD) where I live, Tidal Hifi tier comes closest. I’m fine with it because it’s sounds good to me and integrates well with my NAD M10, which I do not expect to last “forever”. I reckon it will be like changing a TV set a few years...
  8. D

For me, file format and resolution is just one part of the equation. Music should be about the feelings and emotions it evokes. For example, the bestest version of Nirvana’s Nevermind to me was the one I dubbed in my TDK metal cassette from the original back when I was 17. I know I could never...
  9. D

In the beginning, I bought some music on cassettes. Then I bought some of the same music on CDs. Then I put some of the same music on Mini Disc for portability. Then I bought some of the same music on MP3 because I couldn’t find some of my old CDs. And now I stream some of the same music on...
  10. D

Wow really? I would have thought 16 or 13 bit / 44.1 Tidal Hifi/MQA (equal or close to CD quality) should sound better than Apple Music or Spotify
  11. D

Coming from a location where my streaming options are limited to Apple Music, Spotify and Tidal, I guess my best choice in terms of music resolution is still Tidal Hifi/Master. In fact, while reading through this somewhat heated debate, I’m still enjoying my MQA music and could not hear...
Top Bottom