Search results

1. Sunnysideup

Review and Measurements of Benchmark DAC3

My unit exhibits this as well and came across your post from 2 years back when I searched for answers. The faint high pitched noise appears only when it is on standby and goes away if I remove the power supply or when it is powered on.
  2. Sunnysideup

Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 questions

I read the TDAI-1120 has FLAC support up to 192/24, but I don’t see anything regarding DSD. Though my DSD collection is quite lean, it would be great if they are supported.
  3. Sunnysideup

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

Thank you, will try with other interconnects I have. What I was trying to say was given the longer speaker cords (compared to 1m of interconnects) could have picked up some noise along the way?
  4. Sunnysideup

Indeed it is compounded noise from the preamp. I’ve re-tested this by turning the volume all the way down. In a second test, I’ve disconnected the XLR from preamp altogether. There is little noise from AHB2 on high gain and similar to @Kal Rubinson , it is audible only when I put my ear in front...
  5. Sunnysideup

Yes there is to my ears at least. I can’t explain the noise I hear as well, maybe the cables are picking up something. At high gain, i can hear the noise clearly at full volume when I put my ear in front of the speaker. At medium gain, it is faint. It should not be a concern as the noise is not...
  6. Sunnysideup

Reading comments on gain settings I did my own test. High gain does sounds more lively, but there is some audible noise if I put my ear near the tweeter with volume all the way up. Settled for medium gain in the end. Running Qutest into HPA4 and single AHB2.
Top Bottom