Search results

1. S

Aune AR5000 Headphone Review

And "normal" levels are what exactly? If you tend to listen at 90db max or below, you likely won't hear the distortion. But for anyone who likes to crank the volume (even if just occasionally) the distortion would likely be audible. This doesn't mean that the measurement or perception is wrong...
  2. S

Aune AR5000 Headphone Review

Since the bass region needs close to a +10db boost in the sub-bass area (which already has the highest distortion) to match the Harman target I suspect it's not that unlikely that bass distortion will be audible after EQ.
  3. S

Samsung Buds2 Pro - what other BT IEMs are worth trying?

Moondrop has two TWS models, the Nekocake and the Space Travel (I think they used to have another model, but it was discontinued?). I have owned and used the Nekocake for a little more than a year now. While the sound quality is pretty ok (needs some EQ to be satisfying to me), the ANC is very...
  4. S

Have plenty of headphones, but need to add a mic. Should I get a gaming headset for PC?

I second the Antlion mic suggestion. I've been using the wireless version for 2 years now and it's pretty stable. The controls take a bit to get used to since there is only one button and the on/off/pairing function is mapped via press duration. I personally found attaching the mic to an...
  5. S

macOS vs. Windows vs. Linux

When I had more time than I could fill with tasks I used to run Linux. Now with a demanding full time job, some hobbies and social stuff I really can't justify spending hours working out just one of the many compatibility issues that can pop up. Windows has enough freedom so I can configure...
  6. S

Harman is working on a new IEM target curve

The usual issue with standards: https://xkcd.com/927/
  7. S

Why are there no female Audiophiles?

There was a thread with a very similar title a while back (2021). To quote myself on the topic: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/why-arent-there-female-audiophiles.23325/post-778877
  8. S

Monolith by Monoprice M565C - reviews or measurements?

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-audiophile-headphones/ Apparently measured on a GRAS 43AG and KB5000 simulated pinna. Doesn't look stellar, but fixable with EQ. No idea about distortion though.
  9. S

Dear KZ - could you please stop with the silly marketing

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/what-are-the-advantages-of-multiple-ba-compared-to-single-ba.45715/ I suspect this one goes into the same category.
  10. S

DCA CORINA Announced (New Electrostatic Headphone)

Old and/or more exotic technologies are also simply interesting to some people. Boils down to something in the same category as "bragging rights" though. There are currently no indications that driver type has any significant impact. The same type of claims are also made with multi-driver IEMs...
  11. S

What are the advantages of multiple-BA compared to single BA?

Not inherently. In some cases there may be a benefit, but it's not universally true.
  12. S

What are the advantages of multiple-BA compared to single BA?

That's a whole lot of (misused) words for so little meaning. Multiple driver configurations do not have any inherent advantages. Depending on the drivers a configuration with multiple (different) drivers may make sense to achieve a goal in tonality under considerations of time and cost. However...
  13. S

Why are Dan Clark not recommended so much?

Dan Clark has a 500$ model (Aeon RT). While not cheap, I wouldn't call it "ultra-expensive".
  14. S

IEM for gaming (competetive/esport)

Do you know what pros use? They mostly use the cheapest earbud they can find and it works just fine for them. Just get something that sounds good with low enough distortion. You will be able to alter the FR as necessary, but I sincerely doubt that you could achieve any kind of significant...
  15. S

Android phone and headphone recommendations for commuter rail

Sony and Asus are still producing Android phones with headphone jacks as far as I'm aware. I haven't had issues with sound quality on my Sony Xperia, but the phone has other quirks which prevent me from recommending it. I have no experience with the Asus phones and am not aware of any publicly...
  16. S

What are your favorite headphones?

DCA Stealth I just wish there was an option for a different material on the earpads. The synthetic leather is starting to disintegrate on mine after around one and a half years of use. (and I do use them a lot with 8+ hours on most work days)
  17. S

Customizable Targets On the Crinacle Graph Comparison Tool

From my experience betting on common sense often turns out to be a poor gamble. But I guess there is always hope to be found.
  18. S

Open back that measures Harman? Suggestions ??

Are you certain that Harman is what you're looking for? Your preference might deviate.
  19. S

A Call For Humor!

A bad enough infection will require a visit to the ENT who will make the ears all clean again. So through (sort of) transitive relation it does improve sound quality!!!1!11!!! :D
  20. S

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

The ADI-2 DAC FS has both a 5-band parametric EQ and a 5-step crossfeed setting. You should check the user manual for all the settings and DSP options. There is a lot.
Top Bottom