Search results

1. HionHiFi

Nelson Pass F6 amp for sale

Incoming conversation….
  2. HionHiFi

Dunlavy Speakers

Commitment, is the right word. I don't like to talk about it. :facepalm: I wish I'd never sold them. It brings tears to my eyes ;)!
  3. HionHiFi

Dunlavy Speakers

I owned a pair of SC-V’s a few years back now. They were the big boys at the time. Best speakers I’d owned up to that time. Sadly, I had to sell them… wish I hadn’t. I’d have been done with speakers. I can still remember how I felt when I first heard them. The bass response was sublime. To this...
  4. HionHiFi

Can these custom speakers possibly sound good?

I’m picking up what you’re putting down. That basically summarizes what I thought when I saw them. I’m not interested in buying them. I just saw them while I was on Craigslist looking for something else. I thought to myself, those are going to have plenty of issues.
  5. HionHiFi

Re: Nearfield…. Is this because sitting back allows the sound of the drivers to align properly with your ears?
  6. HionHiFi

What type of speaker do you prefer? And why?

I normally gravitate toward either open baffle designs, horn based speakers or multi-way dynamic designs. Each has its benefits. I like open baffles for their low room interaction. On the downside they need a lot of room to breathe. I like multiway dynamic designs for their generally better bass...
  7. HionHiFi

I came across these speakers on my local craigslist. I wondered if they could sound any good. With the driver spacing I would think that comb filtering would be an issue. What do you think?
  8. HionHiFi

Belden ICONOCLAST XLR Cable Review

I burst out laughing when I saw this response...Classic and my thoughts exactly when I heard Amir's reply.
  9. HionHiFi

SOLD!!!: Nord Three 1ET400A MKII Dual Mono Stereo Amplifier: SOLD!!!

Hello Dan, as Geronimo says, he’s the new owner.
  10. HionHiFi

SOLD!!!: Nord Three 1ET400A MKII Dual Mono Stereo Amplifier: SOLD!!!

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD NO LONGER AVAILABLE ******************* I am selling a Nord Three 1ET400A Dual Mono Stereo Amplifier. The Nord Three SE 1ET400A Dual Mono Stereo Amp is a nicely built amplifier using the Purifi class D amplifier technology. It uses the Nord Rev D buffers with on board...
  11. HionHiFi

Teaching Maxwell Equations using Sex!!!

Great explanation of maxwells equations.
  12. HionHiFi

Allo VOLT+ D (DOUBLE) 2X60W - Dual Mono Stereo Amplifier

I do still have 1. I can send it Australia. Sure.
  13. HionHiFi

Allo VOLT+ D (DOUBLE) 2X60W - Dual Mono Stereo Amplifier

Selling an Allo VOLT+ D (DOUBLE) 2X60W - Dual Mono Stereo Amplifier. It is a nice little class d amplifier that sounds excellent and runs cool and efficient. Comes with Alitilove power cord. I have 1 of these left. Price includes shipping. Asking $87 or best offer, shipped. No PayPal fee...
  14. HionHiFi

DAC preamp with analog inputs

Though not directed at me, I’ve have owned the SHD. It might be an option again in the future. I didn’t like Volumio. I could have loaded Squeezelite player to resolve that issue. But I haven’t been able to get use Volumio after using LMS for many years. It’s awesome and stable. The UI of the...
  15. HionHiFi

1 analog input would suffice. I don’t have any analog sources, but let’s say I wanted to use the Allo Raspberry duhicky that Amir just reviewed. I couldn’t. It only has analog outputs and I don’t have any analog inputs.
  16. HionHiFi

Both of those look nice. I’ll check them out. The frontrunner however at the moment is going with an ADC as Jeff suggested. It’ll be cheaper…possibly and allow me to continue using the SGD1 DAC, which I really like.
  17. HionHiFi

Thank you. I have a Babyface Pro FS that could work in this situation but for the logistics of my room. I would be difficult to get inputs and outputs to and from the Babyface to the rest of the audio system with having wires strewn across my room floor. It is MY audio room, but my wife would...
  18. HionHiFi

The Yamaha would work, unfortunately I’m looking for a better performance DAC.
  19. HionHiFi

I’m looking for a top end performance in an analog stage that will compliment DAC. The DAC is a Soncoz SGD1 paired to a Nord Three SE 1ET400A MKII Dual Mono Stereo Amp. Together with the other components in the system make for a pretty clean path for the audio signal. I’d like to keep it that...
Top Bottom