Search results

1. T

NAD M10 Streaming Amplifier Review

I agree with you. I am very happy with the M10 v2 and DIRAC makes integrating a sub much easier. The user experience is definitely what I appreciate about this all in one device. I spent weeks researching alternatives and there really weren't many other choices (note, I also have some other...
  2. T

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

DIRAC will also assume you have a certain volume set as part of the speaker calibration and won't know if the volume on your LS60s has changed so having active speakers with their own volume may get annoying (at least it would bug me). Just a thought.
  3. T

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

That is how I use mine. I got the LS50 Meta to use as computer speakers. Very happy with the setup. Used them with a NAD D 3045 until it started acting up a few months ago. Got a NAD M10 v2 to replace it and am very happy with it. The LS50 Meta work great in a nearfield setup if you have the...
  4. T

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

There is an app for PC and Mac I believe. I use the PC version (connected via USB) and it allows you to adjust settings on the RME ADI-2 via the computer app, including keying in or copying and pasting in PEQ settings, which is much easier and has been a huge time saver for me.
  5. T

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

But the changes were significant. Adding B/T to EQ presets was very useful to me and the ADI-2 remote, in my opinion, was a game changer in terms so making the ADI-2 DAC much easier to work with. Appreciate how RME continues to make these types of improvements.
  6. T

Finally had a few hours to myself today so I finally got around to playing around with DIRAC Live. NAD M10 v2 has been streaming or running DIRAC measurements for the last 6 1/2 hours so I figured I would check the temperatures being reported by the M10 v2 for you. Left is 62 degrees celsius...
  7. T

Not sure if this was directed at me since you did not reply directly to my post but, if it was, I dont really understand what you are getting at with this. Sorry I took the time to run it for only an hour for you...next time I will try to do the full 3-4 hours since I have nothing better to do...
  8. T

I just got mine a few weeks ago after my old NAD D 3045 started acting up (volume increasing by itself and auto standby no longer working). When I got the D 3045 about three years ago, the first thing I noticed was how hot it ran. I most recently used the D 3045 in a nearfield desktop setup...
  9. T

NAD D3045 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Thanks. Good to know I am not the only one. Guess I will be on the market for a new amp that is not another D 3045. Was really happy with the D 3045 otherwise in terms of footprint, features/connectivity (mostly use USB and coax) and good power.
  10. T

NAD D3045 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Interesting you say this because my NAD D 3045 has always had some issues with the volume increasing by itself. I have had the D 3045 since May 2020 and my current desktop setup is a Bluesound Node 2i (fixed output volume) --> RME ADI-2 DAC (fixed volume) --> NAD D 3045 --> KEF LS50 Meta. I...
  11. T

NAD C 399 HybridDigital DAC Amplifier

Agreed. To be clear, I was talking about the BluOS app on the smartphone/tablet/PC. Original post had mentioned installing the BluOS module so I am assuming the OP is aware you need the MDC module to add those capabilities.
  12. T

That is correct. The smartphone or whatever device you are using the app on is just a remote control. It is not streaming any audio. In fact, you can use multiple smartphones/tablet/PC as a remote since it just connects over your wifi/LAN and isnt even paired directly. You could start...
  13. T

I don't have a C 399 but I looked it up and, according to the manual, there is a BLS button which looks like it is for BluOS. Page 11 of the manual shows there are playback controls for BluOS. I do have some Node 2is at home and have the RC1 remote for those. I also use an old 8" Samsung...
  14. T

I use 80hz (LS50 Meta + NAD D 3045) and have been happy with it. Obviously different rooms and I have a much smaller sub (REL T-Zero) but I preferred 80hz for a nearfield desktop setup. Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy!
  15. T

That is what I use to drive my LS50 Metas that are in a nearfield desktop setup. Keeps things nice and neat on my desk. I have not had any issues with the NAD D3045 + LS50 Meta. I found the headphone section of the NAD D 3045 to be a bit lacking and noisy though so I use a RME ADI-2 DAC on my...
  16. T

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

If I am reading your question correctly, I think you are asking if you can stream Apple Music via iPhone --> Dragonfly Cobalt --> Node. If so, I do not think that would work since the Dragonfly Cobalt only has an analog output.
  17. T

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

Same, I can't stand cable clutter.
  18. T

What headphone(s) do you own ?

I miss my SRH840s. Finally fell apart on me years ago.
  19. T

What headphone(s) do you own ?

I probably missed some but this is what I currently have (had others that I either broke or sold): Headphones (wired): - AKG K701 - B&W P5 - B&W P5 S2 (still use for sleeping due to slim (on ear) design) - Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noire (use most for wired desktop use @ home) Headphones...
  20. T

I don't have either but since you mention streaming audio, I would (personally) lean toward the NAD with the BluOS module vs. the Marantz, which uses HEOS. I have both HEOS and BluOS devices at home and pretty much just use BluOS (started off with HEOS and now my HEOS devices just use a Node 2i...
Top Bottom