Search results

1. T

Tannoy Westminster Royal

Cabinet of Westminster is one of most complex for speakers: Combine this with superb finish, expensive drivers and crossovers and you get into this price range. Design of Tannoys is much more attractive than other companies top models like JBL Everest DD67000
  2. T

SSL 2+ USB Interface Measurements

Now THD Figures again measured with Prism dScope III: Surprisingly for me THD barely pass dScope testing only at position 7 of 10 on knobs /line setting on SSL2+/. Above this it start clipping so it looks best THD+N which can be achieved is -82dB: Here it is with position 3 out of 10 on knobs...
  3. T

6 Month later I have Prism dScope audio analyzer so we can compare to REW measurements: Microphone pre-amp measurement on position 2 out of 10 on knobs: It looks very good but there is around 1dB difference even both knobs were visually aligned to same position Microphone pre-amp measurement...
  4. T

Class 1 Measurement Microphone 1/2", 1/4" vs class 2 calibrated

Here it is listed for 208 Euro: https://shop.elkome.com/en/mp215-free-field-microphone But even they write "microphone" it is only capsule, without preamplifier.
  5. T

I use word "home" but my system is build around studio stuff Studer/SSL/Neumann/Apogee/Klark Teknik. And after spending good amount on audio system why not have proper means for measuring/adjusting/calibrating. As I said in one of posts above I have Sonarworks Xref 20 Microphone with calibration...
  6. T

So I have to think for better microphone stand then :rolleyes: As for sure this is bringing some resonances for me also... Which B&K mic body are you using? $1200 for stand is quite a number :oops: Is using shock mount leaving microphone absolutely stable without any movement? As small change...
  7. T

Use-case for mic is precise calibration/equalisation of speakers - mostly home/small studio setups. I know that most people will tell me to settle with cheap class 2 mic with calibration file, but given the serious amount of money spend on speakers, amplification, digital audio conversion...
  8. T

Now I checked and also in user guide for M23R is written: Earthworks recommends re-calibration every five (5) years. https://earthworksaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Earthworks-Audio-M23R-User-Guide-2021.pdf
  9. T

With high voltage polarization you mean 200V ones like B&K which need special preamplifiers providing this polarization voltages? Even one decade of stability will be fine, but not microphones which need calibration every 6 or 12 months. I understand that this regular calibration is fine for...
  10. T

I know that Neumann U87 is not measurement microphone ;) It was just example how even very expensive microphones have quite a deviations. I haven't seen this statement about stability of Earthworks microphones before, but is encouriging. "Build your own matched array of reference microphones...
  11. T

I want to get opinions on what kind of microphone we need to get accurate measurements? This mean to get same result if we next 6 or 12 months later with different temperature in room. As cheaper class 2 microphones deviate with time, humidity and temperature. Some class 1 1/4" Microphones...
  12. T

I did new measurements of SSL 2+. Monitor mix all the way to USB, line setting on input, Here it measurements are taken with with pots for line level on position 3/5 out of 10. Position 3 Flatness -> +1.1dB/-1.5dB for 20Hz to 20kHz: Position 3 with 4K Button Engaged Flatness ->...
  13. T

I got new NTI Analyzer and while I'm still learning it, here are some examples of 4K button results on THD. So it added 50-100 times more noise ;) Without 4k Engaged THD at 159Hz: 4k Engaged THD at 159Hz: Without 4k Engaged THD at 5kHz: 4k Engaged THD at 5kHz:
  14. T

It raise curve in highs and have nice audible difference. Will put measurement with 4K button too when I have time.
  15. T

I decide to do line REW loopback measurement of SSL 2+ USB Interface not expecting miracles given its 210GBP /280$/ price. Between 100Hz and 20Khz it is almost straight line which is excellent result. But below 100Hz things are getting funky, with +/-5db starting 43Hz at if levels are on middle...
  16. T

Best speakers on the market(regardless of type) for up to $10K?

Only thing is that KH420A achieve this with DSP. I wanted to see monitors achieving this without DSP in this price range.
  17. T

Best speakers on the market(regardless of type) for up to $10K?

Here it is one more PSI speaker measurement on PSI A25 aka Studer A5. Lets see who will show better measurement of speakers which doesn't use DSP under $10k:
  18. T

Tannoy Westminster Royal

These which I have at home for number of years are Tannoy Berkeley 15" from 1970s. From newer ones apart from Westminster Royal I have listened to Stirling GR which even sounding very good were not in same league as Westminster Royal. As it happen with Altec, Tannoy were also kicked out of...
  19. T

Tannoy Westminster Royal

I have heard Tannoy Westmister Royal with Super Tweeter some years ago on High End Audion show in Munich. They were powered by Accuphase Class A Amplifiers and source was Accuphase CD Transport and DAC. These were Best /by quite a margin/ speakers on whole show and overall best speakers for...
Top Bottom