Search results

1. G

Advice on bookshelf speakers with a particular set of space constraints.

I have a (actually, 2) pair of those, if you are interested.
  2. G

Carver Crimson 275 Review (Tube Amp)

I hope you recover your money!
  3. G

Recently I returned two Topping units, both perfect shape (one never even removed from the box) and it took a little over 2 weeks from receipt of the units to the return being posted to my card. That's longer than I'm used to for other products - this was my first audio return in the Modern Era...
  4. G

Ahh, he is showing a high degree of technical competency in single-digit ordering. What's next, a treatise on the safe design of the 275? It's magical sound-manipulating properties? Or another treatise on the benevolence of the Bob Carter Corporation and its dealer network?
  5. G

No, but I couldn't guess whether this was some "audiophile" market speak or another attempt to sidle by reality.
  6. G

The bobcarvercorp web site describes the power output as follows: "Rated Power: More than 75 Watts Per Channel, minimum, typically 90 watts, at eight ohms, from 20Hz to 20kHz with no more than 1% total harmonic distortion while delivering music into loudspeaker loads. Distortion decreases at...
  7. G

Yes, I would say that Tony Collett's definition applies more to QA than QC.
  8. G

??? Xduoo and Apos list it and say they have it in stock.
  9. G

One reason very, very few people are struck by lightning is because when it occurs, most people take shelter. For instance, I won't go out fishing in my boat if thunderstorms are in the forecast. Same thing holds true for electronic gear: there are safety standards that are followed in most...
  10. G

They remind me a bit of my first integrated amp, a 1967 Fisher.
  11. G

The "rating system" looks to see how closely what comes out is to what is put in and whether the performance claims made by the manufacturer are reasonably accurate. What is "off" with the rating system is that it does not (and cannot) reflect what various elements of your sensory system impose...
  12. G

So, questions are "attacks" and a "statement" is the answers. In other words, a non-response.
  13. G

I don't know about "imposing his will," since this is not a tin horn dictator issue, but it is clear that he is having an impact. For me personally, I recently purchased a set of speakers and a DAC based on his *objective* evaluations: I have a very bad tin ear when it comes to responding to...
  14. G

Yes, his job here is done ;)
  15. G

That is a good point: Bob did not actually say that anyone can get a refund. That may be implied in his statement (then why not just say so?) but like other promises and claims made about this amplifier, it is impossible to say if there is anything there there.
  16. G

So what does "change the grounding" mean? Legalese to avoid admitting there isn't any? "For any person with a 275 wanting to change the grounding or get a refund, email [email protected]"
  17. G

Oh really? Why didn't you mention that when you decided to deflect criticism to McIntosh?? You said: "I am looking at the back of a McIntosh MC275 mk vi and a Aesthetix Atlas and neither of them have the UL or CE designations on their cases." You didn't say "..neither of them have the UL or...
  18. G

But I don't see Matt Polk's or Henry Ford's statements and claims about current products or their signatures embossed on them.
Top Bottom