Search results

1. DtoA

Tinnitus

The notch filter has not “reprogrammed “ my brain by dynamically stimulating a full audio range minus my 11khz frequency. But I am also not notching a full octave width around that frequency which is specified in the study. My plan is to widen the notch as the next step. The immediate effect I...
  2. DtoA

Tinnitus

Updating the thread. Following the study published in 2009 I have applied a pair of very narrow peq filters to reduce volume by 24db at 11khz (my tinnitus freq). No one else has noticed this very tight notch so I am leaving it in place full time. The only effect so far is a new oscillation at a...
  3. DtoA

Bluesound Node2i + Schiit Modi3+ = POP!

I am using a Node2i connected to a Modius coaxial digital and I am not getting pops. I have also used a Topping E30 with no pops. Do you have the Audio clock trim turned off in the Bluesound App control panel? Do you have MQA external DAC off also?
  4. DtoA

Tinnitus

This seems very doable by adding a second calibrated preset with the tinnitus frequency notched. From the PNAS paper “By means of the target notch modification, the frequency band of one octave width centered at the individual tinnitus frequency was removed from the music energy spectrum.”
  5. DtoA

FS: Triad Silver In Room Satellite Speakers

Do these have a threaded hole on the bottom of the speaker for pedestal mount?
  6. DtoA

Tinnitus

When I was flying a lot for business my standard rig was ear buds for music and then just drop over ear passive protection designed for gun ranges on top. They could be purchased for around $15 on Amazon and provided 40db of cut.
  7. DtoA

Tinnitus

My tinnitus began March 2007 when my young son brought home a virus from preschool. I was deathly sick in bed for three days and when it was over I had loud tinnitus in both ears. It is always there and Hyperacusis soon followed. Following the expert recommendations to minimize the loudness can...
  8. DtoA

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Topping E30 Schiit Modius MiniDSP Umik-1 More acoustic treatments Waiting for next gen DSP
  9. DtoA

Car Audio: Fixing a 1979 Porsche 924. What would an "audiophile" setup of roughly that era look like? I'm a noob.

I drove a 1979 928 for 8 years and added various aftermarket stereo parts. The speaker mounts are very shallow which is a challenge. The grounding was also poorly implemented so running a new heavy gauge ground wire direct from the fuse box can save you some headaches.
Top Bottom