Search results

1. Xyrium

Meyer Sound Amie Monitor Review

Thanks for sending these in GX! These are a great step forward for USA-made products.
  2. Xyrium

Focal Chora 816 Speaker Review

I wonder if the white finish will age like a Les Paul Custom in white.... I've always enjoyed Focal designs, from looks to performance.
  3. Xyrium

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

To an extent, sure. If I have JBLs that hiss from 3m away, then obtain Genelecs that only hiss from 0.25m away, I may conclude that they don't have a problem with hiss:).
  4. Xyrium

Man...I've had my share of whining and buzzing Crown amps as well!
  5. Xyrium

I don't have a hiss problem on my 8030s. I sit about 3ft/1m from the speakers and have the gain on the speakers set in concert with the my adi2 dac output level which works well. What is your source device? However, like "sound quality", I would suggest that hiss is also subjective. :cool:
  6. Xyrium

TAD Evolution 2 Speaker Review

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/genelec-8351b-review-studio-monitor.23432/ then add some Gennie subs and GLM OR https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/neumann-kh420-review-studio-monitor.33529/#post-1171444 Then go on a nice vacation with the...
  7. Xyrium

Aperion N5T Speaker Review

Sure, just make sure it's in the room you plan on using it in and in the position you'd prefer.
  8. Xyrium

TAD Evolution 2 Speaker Review

For some reason, every time I see a 2.5 way design, I expect a ragged response. However, I expected better from these guys. Regardless, I agree, not great in this price range.
  9. Xyrium

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

We're going to have to get creative here. Can we measure the EMI from the front panels, or perhaps vibration in the xformer.....? People still claim to hear the difference... ;):facepalm::rolleyes: The companies have to add features at this point, though really, that ESS hump still?
  10. Xyrium

SMSL M500 MKIII DAC & Amp Review

Crazy good stuff, love the form factor. I've dealt with less clearance on XLRs than that before. I almost want to pick this up, well, just because....sheesh. Edit: Now that I think about it, we're seeing this type of performance or close to it, quite frequently in the lower price (<$1000)...
  11. Xyrium

Minidsp SHD Power Amplifier Review

That's great, and there are several very knowledgeable folks who can help you out with room correction here. Poke around a few of the forums, and you'll find tons of resources.
  12. Xyrium

Topping DX7 Pro+ Review (DAC & HP Amp)

I'm somewhat surprised we haven't seen something like what MiniDSP does, with some processing on board, and a sub output that could be EQ'd separately.
  13. Xyrium

Topping DX7 Pro+ Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Nicely done. I dig the look, though it is difficult for me to get beyond the standard box look. They even beveled the edge of the faceplate. Nice touch.
  14. Xyrium

JBL SA600 Vintage Amplifier Review

Look at Teac kickin' it in class D with some nice meters on the front: https://teac.jp/int/product/ap-505/top
  15. Xyrium

Carver Raven 350 Review (Tube Amp)

That's why metal heads use tube amps, for the distortion!
  16. Xyrium

JBL SDR-35 AVR Review

Question is, if someone stole this from you while you were on the highway, would you be upset? Sorry, I got nuthin' else, this thing is big, and mediocre, not a great combo.
  17. Xyrium

CHORD Hugo TT2 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

I suppose it draws a crowd (strikes a chord? :) ), so that stands for something. I like that it's not the average DAC in a box in appearance, though I'm not exactly sold on its aesthetics either.
  18. Xyrium

Genelec S360 Review (Studio Monitor)

I suppose this makes sense. It would be difficult to insert a DSP notch in there, wouldn't it? BTW, the step response, where's the tweeter? I see the dropoff, then the woofer peak. Is the tweeter producing output at the reference line (0dB I suppose?)?
  19. Xyrium

Genelec S360 Review (Studio Monitor)

Agreed, especially at the price, and geez, the size! Love Gennies, though I was hoping they'd finally deal with that 1.5-2k aberration by now. It seems endemic in their designs.
  20. Xyrium

Topping E30 II DAC Review

Actually, if you open up the DAVE, you'll find this inside, then Chord adds some super mega ultra power filtering to it that screws up the noise floor. ;)
Top Bottom