Search results

1. B

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

Now that the R-Nx000 line is out, you can find decent second-hand R-N803(D)s on the cheap (about $/€500) and be blessed with much better Sinad, get the phono preamp if you're into Vinyl, have a dedicated sub-out preamp, separate banana-plug terminals (plasticky though), and some control over the...
  2. B

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Aix-en-Provence (Mainly)
  3. B

Yamaha R-N1000-A vs R-N800A

I am INDEED using its own internal Burr-Brown : I Use the Yamy CD-S300 as a pure transport, it then goes through the NanoDigi for RoomEQ, Then into the Coax DIGITAL of the R-N402D. That one does the whole D2A conversion in the process. When Streaming, I use a PC running Qobuz through Audirvana...
  4. B

Much Appreciated ! For the Record, you can activate the "Demo" mode, and when entering "room setting" of the bedroom (by holding your thumb on the picture), You can actually enter those settings under the YPAO-Speaker setting : alongside crossover frequency, speaker size, their distance (sub...
  5. B

Hello folks. I was considering switching from a R-N402D to a second-hand R-N803D to get a better integration of my sub through both the dedicated Sub out AND YPAO. Nowhere could I however find in the 803 Owner's Manual settings you decribed (speaker "size", crossover for the sub)? Is it related...
  6. B

Denon PMA-600NE Integrated Amplifier Review

Wish we had a comparison within a product range : is a PMA 1x00, -900 or 800x series better than a 700 at some given power ? Not that this is easy to do, but most valuable when you want to find the "sweet spot" and/or invest for quite some time.... PLUS at some point I was considering a...
  7. B

Focal Dome Flax Speaker Review

Couldn't agree more. I don't use their "Dome" subs alongside, but ones with bigger displacements and appropriate for the room. One of my room is almost a "cabinet", so I have a Yamaha NS-SW200, the other in a somewhat bigger room/house a NS-SW300. You can't get very low frequencies in very small...
  8. B

Focal Dome Flax Speaker Review

Use these in two locations as centre Channel, surround and atmos. L/R are a pair of Aria 906, or Chorus 906, respectively with flax/earlier "polyflex" domes for timbre coherence. Bought all these second-hand, in euros and in France. They offer clear dialogues, convincing surround/atmos sound...
  9. B

Yamaha R-N803 Smart Receiver Review

Going back to this one, I'm actually considering repurposing an 402D for this 803D. Has any R-N803D owner actually tried on his network to type 192.168.1.xy/setup since 2020 ? Could you post those snapshots ? On my PC, by looking at the network, amongst other printers, NAS, etc, I can access...
  10. B

Review and Measurements and miniDSP 2x4 HD DSP and DAC

Ok, old topic, new question : I offered a Yamaha R-N402D with a CD-S300 and a NS-SW300 sub along with a pair of Focal Aria 906 to my aunt. She mostly listens to CDs, but occasionally to Internet radios and TV sound. Unlike the R-N803D tested by Amir, the 402 dos not feature a sub pre-out, its...
  11. B

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

The 3700H was my first AVC (yeah, over here in France they don't put the radio in it so they don't call them DENON "AVR"). I ordered and received the "in-between" box to fix the 8k-4K/120Hz issue (If I ever get a TV that supports it that is), and I'll be just fine without Dirac. Audissey and its...
  12. B

Sony NW-A105 Digital Audio Player Review

For those interested in 2022, I've been listening to this NW-A105 DAP for many days with the Thruthhear Crinacle Zero IEM. Plenty Loud enough (no need to exceed 75/120 AVLS limitation for me), very good combination ! Make sure you select 'direct source', it's getting blurred otherwise...
  13. B

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Juste got mine Yesterday. Hooked up on the RME on my desk, on my DAP on the go, on my dac at work. Everywhere, juste brilliant + no fear of it being stolen like it's SHURE $900+ sibling I was considering...would need to listen to that one though....
  14. B

Monoprice Blackbird Review (HDMI Audio Extractor)

Have a similar one (albeit in a white plastic enclosure). With a Sony Blu-Ray player that has TWO HDMI outputs (second for sound only), I managed to set up a Junkyard dirt cheap Home 5.1 Theatre as such : -SONY HDMI video goes into the xtractor, I only use FL/FR analog out to a Yamaha R-N402D...
  15. B

Bits are NOT bits ….. or ?

Update : When I input my QOBUZ credentials straight into the WXC-50 using the MusicCast App, I checked I actually DO benefit from hi-res being fed from the Yamaha Device (in "player mode" only) through optical TosLink : the RME ADI-2 DAC fs actually GETS Hi-res input (Checked up to 192 kHz/24...
  16. B

Bits are NOT bits ….. or ?

Late to the party, just came accross the topic. For what it's worth, I found another issue with Yamaha products. I use the very same WXC-50 in either pre-amp or player mode. My Physical set-up is as follows : WXC-50==ToSLink==> RME ADI-2 DAC Fs ==XLR L/R==> iLoud MTM powered monitors. 1)...
  17. B

Bookshelf speaker pairing with SMSL DA-9?

https://www.hi-fiworld.co.uk/index.php/loudspeakers/65-reviews/98-kef-iq-10.html Maybe the IQ-30 which is a bit larger would probably suit you more if you’re in a bigger room, and further back, but the 10 is by no mean a bass-shy satellite, it only needs the lower frequencies. I’ll get back to...
  18. B

Bookshelf speaker pairing with SMSL DA-9?

Hi, coming late to the party. I was looking for a good monitoring system for a « B-studio », and had a an old professional Sony SRX-700P « video switcher » from yesteryears for which I was looking for a decent pair of speakers to replace the old crappy Sony bookshelves from the 90s. Ran into a...
Top Bottom