Search results

1. K

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

This thread actually is reminding me of why I am happy that ASR exists, and that Amir spends so much time doing this work. In some hypothetical scenario where Amir (or other) measures some speaker that I like a lot, and it measures poorly, and he gives a bad subjective review - at least its a...
  2. K

Choosing headphones under 500-600$ in 2023

Anyone with experience with both these and the hd600/hd650 able to comment on soundstage differences? Edit - don’t know exactly why my reply got moved, but I was asking for a soundstage comparison between hd600/hd650 and the aeon rt-2 closed. Apparently this is the thread for that question...
  3. K

Audioengine A5+ Powered Speaker Review

Thank you - a very interesting product Actually, I'm almost seeing the WiiM as something that could go with the LS50 Meta - basically making your own LS50W (I'm sure there are some compromises) but keeping the complex electronics packaging separated from your expensive passives. I really like...
  4. K

Thanks both - have heard of both of those options and looked at them, but didn’t realize the lsx 2 was such a well optioned solution. Of course price is a big factor, the AE5 is a really good price for the package I feel, and with the little kiddos running around I’m not sure about a sub...
  5. K

I've been using my main 2.0 system in the living room for a number of years. I am adding some square footage to my house, which means I can take my 2.0 system elsewhere. However, I will still need some sort of speaker setup in the living room to connect directly to the TV. I use my smart TV...
  6. K

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

Thanks for reply - I suppose I could always just try it out, or buy some monitors and do something differently entirely.
  7. K

Question about home network functionality

Thanks all for your inputs My NAD is old. Of course like 6 analog inputs, but no BT or otherwise. May check out this chromecast option
  8. K

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

So right now I have my 10 year old recently manufacturer refurbished hd600 phones which I love, and my sr225. I have an atom stack and a woo audio wa6 (otl tube amp). I also have Sony wh4000xm or whatever, mostly for taking to the office or having conference calls. I’m looking for something to...
  9. K

Are you a Subjectivist or an Objectivist?

I’m a bit lower on technical understanding than many posters here, but I think in general it depends on the component With a dac or an amp - I think measurements are the only thing that matters really, and that’s what I love about this site. I don’t have people with $2k da converters talking...
  10. K

Question about home network functionality

Apologies in advance if asking an annoying question here. Have a toddler at home and another one coming soon. Spending a lot of time now in the living room playing, which is great, and love listening to music on my 2.0 setup in the living room. Typically I use Spotify on my smart tv and go...
  11. K

Sony WH-1000XM4 Review (noise cancelling headphone)

I use these all day for work zoom sessions, and when not in calls then with my phone to listen to podcasts. I think they’re awesome for those purposes. Might occasionally listen to music on them once I’m forced back into the office pretty soon here, but overall, I think these are a slam dunk...
  12. K

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

thanks the second amp is definitely higher distortion than the atom amp, so I don’t know really why I will be doing this, but I just feel like it. Ok. Gracias
  13. K

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

I have a question as well, I have a couple of headphones and sometimes I will want to use a different amp - I know this has an output, can that feed into a second headphone amplifier, or will this cause problems? Thanks
  14. K

Stereo Advice Request

Thanks gents Definitely my wife already thinks I’m round the bend, especially after being trapped with me for the last year. this is just an additional hobby. I like your recommendation, I am open to taking room measurements. Hopefully I can get REW working with Linux without too much...
  15. K

Stereo Advice Request

Thanks, so yes, basically I am interested in trying some new pieces out as I have the inclination to do that at this time. I like the Q100, but it will be fun to try some different pieces. I would like some kit which measures closer to the optimal FR response, as discussed on this forum. I had...
  16. K

Stereo Advice Request

Apologies up front if this is the wrong subforum for this question I looked around for a general 'advice' section and did not see anything. I could have missed it. Anyways I am eyeing adding a bit to my system, but wanted some general advice from more experienced folks I have a 2 channel...
  17. K

Interference from WiFi - why is it audible?

So here’s a question I have on a somewhat related topic, sorry if it’s a threadjack I have my pc in the back of the house. I access the files from a laptop in my living room. Laptop is USB out to my dac. Should I worry about sound degradation or noise such as you all are describing in a...
  18. K

Grados

I had a pair of 225 10+ years ago, but I sold them because I wanted the $200 for something else I suppose. Just bought myself a new pair because I always liked em. I have hd600 and a 2 channel system that I’ve tinkered with over the years, so I’m set as far as normal listening. Just wanted these...
  19. K

Woo Audio WA7 & WA7tp DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Enjoying this thread, it’s all a bit funny to me. When I got on head fi 15 years ago, I immediately thought some of this stuff sounded silly. I thought it was kind of common knowledge that all amps sound the same, unless something is wrong with one of them. Interesting to see that people still...
  20. K

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

Well gents thanks for your replies. I ended up buying a cheaper and less functional unit, but which measures well still. Hope I don’t regret not spending bit extra for the nicer unit, but the one I’m getting will be nice. Thanks
Top Bottom