Search results

1. J

Total Newbie needing a lot of help!

I think most dealer ships do a 30 day refund policy bid your not happy. It’s hard to buy turntable & speakers in these times. As COVID has everything closed down. And it’s a lot of money to spend on a new hobby and not get it right
  2. J

Who thought buying a turntable & speakers in this day & age would be such a complicated thing! Though I do like the look of rega planar and it gets good reviews I think the fact that I have a mixture of both 12” & 45 it would be a bit of a pain taking the platter on and of every time I need to...
  3. J

I’ve actually been looking at the project as you just need to switch your speed by button so even though the rega does seem to pip it at the post in reviews. I don’t think I would notice the subtle chances because it’s been so long since I listened to my vinyl. I do have a lot of 45’s as well do...
  4. J

Thanks I really am being given food for thought. I’ve been giving loads of options here I think some of the other places I was trying to get information where snobs about the price you where paying for systems. Yes I totally understand vinyl is a total different medium & will never sound as good...
  5. J

Yes I think I’ve been bombarded with people who are really into high end listening turntables, Amps & speakers. At the moment I just want to enjoy listening to my vinyl without it costing me £10000’s. I’ve so much more to explore before I make my final decision. Though it’s great chatting with...
  6. J

Lol I was never into cassette or boom boxes went from vinyl straight to CD when they first came out
  7. J

Thanks Martin going to have a look at some of these today I want to spend around £1000-£1200 as just getting started and then I’ll go from there. As I’m sure over time I’ll swap & change things around
  8. J

Wow guys thanks so much for all your fantastic fed back..it’s been so helpful. It’s great knowing there’s other people willing to help someone get started back into a passion vinyl again. I’m really looking forward to my journey. I’m sure you will see me pop up again when I’ve decided what...
  9. J

Yes I only have my old vinyl at the moment but I know this isn’t going to be a fad as I’ve been looking into this for a few months now. I’m really excited to get started but technology has moved on so much. Plus some of my vinyl though might not be worth much in money terms but they are in...
  10. J

Yes i actually live in Northern Ireland which is part of Great Britain. I have looked at the project, which one would you advise a newbie to go for?
  11. J

Yes I had looked at this but wasn’t sure want the amp thing meant.. that sounds Like quite a good plan. Would the sound quality be as good as the P2?
  12. J

To be honest I’m not really sure what I need re amp etc any help or pointing in the right direction would be fab
  13. J

A terrace house is a row of 5 house joined together.. yes you can do anything in them at all.. but they actually function like a detached house. Lol. Ok I will look for cleaning clay! I’m sure I will need loads of that as my vinyl hasn’t seen light of day since 80,s
  14. J

Can you recommend a good record cleaner..I live in a terrace house. My neighbours are quite good. Especially since one is my daughter. I was into 60’s and Big Band/ swing so none of these really made it onto CD. Though I have kept all my vinyls that I bought from my early teens. I think I like...
  15. J

Lol I can’t wait to listen to my old vinyl
  16. J

I don’t want to play anything else only vinyl
  17. J

Hi thanks for getting back so quickly. I just want it to play vinyl on. I have ipad/iPhone & Bluetooth speaker for that. Which I’m happy with. I will want to build my collection of vinyl as well. At the moment I think about £600/700 to cover amp & speakers. My room is only 14ft x 13 so not very big
Top Bottom