Search results

1. xevman

Drop Ether CX Review (Closed Planar Headphone)

What foam configuration did you use with testing? Just the default with the 2mm pre installed foam? or the various felts?
  2. xevman

Focal Clear Review (headphone)

Since the clear and elex have the same driver short comings at loud listening volumes, how come the elex gets a recommendation and the clear doesn’t? I know there is a price gap between them but Clears are now going for Elex prices in my region due to the release of the Mg
  3. xevman

Focal Clear Review (headphone)

I knew these would measure poorly. The drivers themselves have very little headroom and will audibly clip if you push the levels too high, so it was a given that they wouldn't be a good candidate for equalisation. IMO their tonality in my eyes out of the box is great and I enjoy them. Every...
  4. xevman

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

Have you tried a different cable? I had the same issue and it ended up being the cable.
  5. xevman

Diagnosed and solved my ground loop issue, but looking for a safe solution

Likely a ground loop between the PC and DA converter thats going through the shield of the interconnect.
  6. xevman

Let us know how you go, there are many ways you can easily solve this issue safely. If you dont want to mess with isolation transformers in the signal path you could easily connect all your gear to an AC isolation transformer (a proper one with true isolation not the ones that pass ground...
  7. xevman

Yeah it's a Single ended triode amp so it would have high 2nd and 3 order distortion naturally. I actually just rigged it up to AB test with and without the transformer by splitting the output on the Topping D90 as pictured below and using the input switcher on the Woo to switch between them. So...
  8. xevman

The very high 3rd and 5th harmonic distortion concerns me.. in terms of percentages what are we looking at? and would you say these would be audible?
  9. xevman

Would be good to see. I'm going to try and acquire a Jensen ISO-MAX CI-2RR which is a very well regarded one. With the input switcher it will be interesting to see if there is any audible difference between the cheap and expensive transformers not to mention with or without the transformer entirely.
  10. xevman

Only problem with that is with it being a tube amp, if someone were to hypothetically unplug the rcas or they get tugged off it loses its ground and when you are dealing with super high dc voltages found in one of these I don't fancy my chances if something was to go wrong and the case went...
  11. xevman

Interesting to note has anyone here ever measured a isolation transformer and posted the results? The Woo has 2 inputs and a switcher on the back so maybe I can do an A/B test to see if there is an audible difference between running it in the signal path and not. But as you said I doubt it's...
  12. xevman

Ok guys went to my local electronics shop and purchased a galvanic isolator. This seems to be of decent quality with a metal case and good connectors. I grounded everything hooked it up and line and the problem is solved. What surprised me is before with the grounds lifted there was still a hiss...
  13. xevman

https://www.selby.com.au/unbalanced-stereo-line-isolation-transformer-rca-rca-a2517.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwwOz6BRCgARIsAKEG4FXW82skKD2xE3JpexJWHtDtaWU8ijGsiDNsY2tfK0Tzd8q5VhQAKnQaArLFEALw_wcB Just to clarify this is the same thing right?
  14. xevman

Thank you for the suggestion I'll give this a try.
  15. xevman

So to break it down I have a very annoying ground loop buzz after adding an additional amplifier to my chain of devices. The problem was with one of the amps, buzz came through the my Woo Audio WA6-SE and was very loud at all volumes. I removed everything including my PC so it was just the 2...
  16. xevman

Bottlehead Crack Headphone Amplifier Kit Review

Are there any benefits to omitting the output transformers in these tube amps? An output transformerless design just seems like a massive compromise as you can only properly power high impedance headphones. The only real benefit I can see is cost as good output transformers can be expensive?
  17. xevman

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

Same with mine. My power cables are seated well and are very rigid.
  18. xevman

ARX RS-1 XLR AB Switcher Review

Ah yes from Melbourne Australia my hometown. I hope you gave it a good wipe down before testing
  19. xevman

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

cheers the firmware update fixed it
Top Bottom