Search results

1. M

Does the DAC chip or it's specs matter if it feeds the speakers via AES/EBU???

I have new things learned and happy to share with you; 1) If you're running your speakers digitally, the sound source must send the signal to the speakers at 'full' level ! This means if you're running your DSP speakers like Genelec the One's or etc. via AES, your audio interface's volume knob...
  2. M

That's the exact thing I wanted to say! I've also became a member of that community too and all I see is people having more and more high end converters. I now see they don't understand what's going under the hood of these speakers. I want to use them for my new mix & mastering studio
  3. M

@Greenman @MCH @Vincent Kars @solderdude @DVDdoug Thank you for the input Sirs! So according to your posts, even it has enourmus specs and superb converter chips an external DAC is useless when you have an active speaker that has its's own built-in DAC. For my sceneario, it seems I don't need...
  4. M

Well I have a Dangerous Music Source DAC which has an AES/ EBU on it and I want to get a pair of Genelec 8351's . All I want is Well I have an RME ADI/2 DAC . I now want to buy Genelec 8351's and connect them with AES/EBU.
  5. M

I hope I could ask the question right. Because the signal will transfer to the speakers digitally via AES/EBU, it seems we don't use the DAC as a real converter device but only as a transporter, I mean it's just directing the digital signal loaded in the computer, without touching or converting...
  6. M

Presonus Sceptre S8 (optimized) & compared to Neumann KH120

Hi allan, sorry I couldn't stop by for a while, just saw your comment..Well, I always consider the products related to their prices, hence I also have to make my comments according to this. Sceptre's are really good, really worth their price, and to me I really think they're so underrated, I...
  7. M

Presonus Sceptre S8 (optimized) & compared to Neumann KH120

@ernestcarl I can see some serious lab experiments here, thanks for your effort, big respect!! Forgive me but in behalf of all newbies and ignorants like me I'd like to ask a few questions. I have a pair of Sceptre S8's since 2016 and love them. To which software do you load your Room EQ...
  8. M

I disassembled my Genelec 8351B

Hello everybody, I was searching for the same topic on web and luckily came across with this topic! I'm interested in 8341 speakers. I want to run them with my Apollo X16 interface via AES-EBU connection. But, I'm a little bit confused about the dynamic range of the speakers. They have an...
Top Bottom