Search results

1. E

Cambridge Audio Duo Phono Stage Review (Updated)

I'm considering grabbing a Duo, Solo or a Mani as they're all under $350. While the Solo is the leader in SINAD, the RIAA frequency response is not totally flat per below. Is it correct to assume that a slightly uneven FR would be more noticeable (while listening) than slightly less SINAD...
  2. E

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

These IEM's have helped me confirm that I don't really like IEM's in general. There's nothing wrong with these, but I just can't get comfortable with having something jammed into my ear canal for more than 20 minutes. That's on me. I'm sticking with my little Koss KPH (on the ear) headphones...
  3. E

Really like koss kph30i something similar?

That's a-shame about the newer KSC75's. I love my old ones. Have you tried the KSC's with a headband? A lot of people convert them with this cheap little headband and the drivers snap right in: https://www.parts-express.com/Mini-Stereo-Lightweight-Headphones-with-4-ft.-Cord-240-015 With the...
  4. E

I use them with an EarStudio Dac/Amp sometimes but they also sound great directly from my Macbook or Iphone streaming Hi-Res. They don't require much power to get singing. If you haven't tried the KSC75's I would recommend them. I go back and fourth between KPH30i and the KSC75's. The KSC75's...
  5. E

The KPH 30i's are far and away my favorite headphones! They have great bass and detail. I keep coming back to them and usually prefer them over my He400Se's. I haven't tried Dan Clarks but many other headphones. The other one's that sound similar with subjectively a touch more detail are the...
  6. E

JBL A180 Tower Speaker Review

Thanks for posting images of the crossover. I'm interested in what your solution is for mounting inside.
  7. E

Thank you Dennis for this mod. Time to dust off the soldering iron!
  8. E

Thanks for posting this. It looks like a nice improvement. For the resistor, would this work? https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-DPR10-7.5-7.5-Ohm-10-Watt-Precision-1-Audio-Grade-Resistor-006-7.5
  9. E

I own these and I'm very interested in what you come up with here for a revised crossover.
  10. E

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

I cancelled before they shipped mine out and they charged me a small re-stoking fee. Some may not know this but miniDSP does not accept returns. All sales are final. Make sure you order the correct one!
  11. E

Just out of curiosity, what sources outside of a DAC, would go above 90DB? DVD audio maybe? I noticed the best tested Phono preamp (cambridge audio duo) scored 90DB and that's messing with the gain settings to achieve the best outcome. So, it seems the loss in Sinad on the MiniFlex using an...
  12. E

The unbalanced version does take a small hit as expected. Looks like crosstalk takes the biggest hit. The rest of the numbers are pretty close? I ended up ordering the unbalanced version since most of my components are unbalanced. I'm going to use an RCA switcher for my Phono Pre and CD player.
  13. E

Thank you for explaining this. Still learning a lot here. So, unbalanced is really the way to go if one wants to plug their old analog gear in. The SNR will get chopped down on the TRS version when using single ended (RCA) inputs.
  14. E

Thanks for posting this! I just cancelled my order and purchased the unbalanced version. The appeal to me is being able to plug in my old analog stuff (with a switcher) and use this as an analog preamp and dsp/dac all in one.
  15. E

So, it sound like there is really no downside to upgrading to the TRS version ($75US) and using a TRS (balanced) to RCA (single ended) adapter on the input and output side of this processor? In that case it seems like the TRS version would be the best route for people wanting to 'future proof'...
  16. E

Newbie question: Can one purchase the TRS version like Amir has and use a TRS to single ended adapter to hook up an analog device like a record player/reel to reel? Same question on the output side, can an adapter be used on the TRS output to output to my a single ended amplifier?
  17. E

Amazon Basics 80W Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Thanks! I wish more streaming services offered EQ's built into the phone app's for simple quick adjustment. I like Roon a lot, with a streamer, as a main or 2nd system, but it's a bit expensive to implement in a garage system or in a place you occasional play music. The Radson ES100 portable...
  18. E

Amazon Basics 80W Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Just out of curiosity, what are you guys using to EQ small speakers like this where you don't want to dedicate a computer? I'm thinking about getting these for my garage.
  19. E

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Serious question: what are you hearing different in the PA5 vs any other mid-quality SS amplifier? I ask this because I can't hear any difference from one SS amp to the next except maybe floor noise (and I have to be looking for it). How much do you think seeing the measurements Amir posted...
  20. E

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

'Desktop' implies that the user will be using this next to their computer with smallish bookshelf speakers, nearfield. What will make the next more powerful version a non-desktop or main amplifier? Is it simply more watts to classify it as a non-desktop amp? The new version is likely going to...
Top Bottom