Search results

1. H

Ifi Zen Can....has this unit been measured here yet?

I got it in the end. I'm very happy. It drives the Aeon loudly enough that the 100% volume on 0db gain is not something I could listen to. I keep the knob at around 3 with the 50% volume in the system normally and for music I may go up to 100% system volume but I do not touch the knob! XBass...
  2. H

Measuring output impendance

I'll see what I can try. I do not really have any equipment besides the multimeter and wires. I can get some resistors, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. This is interesting. I noticed that the unloaded output does not change at all no matter the volume or the frequency. Not sure what...
  3. H

I doubt the reliability as well as the values are so small that they are reaching the resolution of the multimeter. The IEM is Mee M6 pro. They declare 16 Ohm at 1KHz so I didn't measure the impedance. When measured at the 1KHz tone, the V2 was 0.7mV 0.8mV resulting in the 10 Ohm end...
  4. H

I gave it a go using the method where you derive a output impedance by finding the following values: V1 - open circuit voltage while playing the 60Hz sine tone V2 - voltage of the loaded circuit that I got by connecting IEMs and playing the same 60Hz sine tone R - resistance of the load which in...
  5. H

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

I reached out to them for the information. The 16 Ohm came from a FAQ page on their website which does not specify which product it applies to. On second read I'm noticing but I'll wait for them to confirm
  6. H

With the advice @Dan Clark gave me, I'm looking into getting an amp for the headphones. I was looking at iFi ZEN CAN but I'm uncertain due to impedance mismatch. From what I gathered, the ZEN CAN is rated for 16ohm minimum output impedance. I heard about the 8x rule, but I'm starting to think...
  7. H

Ifi Zen Can....has this unit been measured here yet?

I'd love to see the review. I'm at the crossroads where Heresy is out of stock and I'm deciding between waiting, getting ATOM or getting iFi Zen Can for my Aeon RT
  8. H

Huh! I'll try but I have no idea what I'm doing.. I kept the original inserts they came with. White color, seems the same as the one that came in the box. I wont talk in depth about build quality as I don't have other premium headphones. They feel really nice, and are very comfortable! I love...
  9. H

I ordered my Aeon RT. These will be the first "real" headphones I ever had. Been using mdr-zx770bn for the past 3 years. When I realized how better the sound is on cable, I stopped using them wirelessly. Not sure what to expect. Never listened to anything better than Momentum 3 and that was...
  10. H

I'm really curious as to what would be enough power in your opinion? Eg. is amp with max output 48mW at 33ohm enough? IDK how to tell since I don't have ability to compare and I'm not really experienced audiophile.
Top Bottom