Search results

1. S

Building a listening bar

I used to do a lot with EV line arrays. Not the best sound, but they could slaughter this room for sure.
  2. S

Building a listening bar

The Asian listening bars are pretty much all JBL's, with a smattering of Altecs. My guess is limited Western distributors in the 80's and 90's, but I don't really know that. And in a space like that, I kind of wonder if any large home/studio speaker will outperform another by much. The budget...
  3. S

Building a listening bar

Woof. Thanks.
  4. S

Building a listening bar

Not familiar with Sheep's Clothing, I'll have to look them up. The only place I've been that's similar to this is Nightmoves in Brooklyn, and that's a full McIntosh signal path into speakers he built in a fairly small room. Hoping to get a poor man's version for myself.
  5. S

Building a listening bar

I guess I should specify that by "thumping" I mean still in a loud conversational zone. You want to dance, you can dance, but there are nightclubs aplenty around. But I agree, 40k cubic feet is a lot for most systems.
  6. S

Building a listening bar

Hi all, Bit of a different question here. I'm building a commercial bar/drinking space and would like to model it off of the Japanese kissaten concept to an extent- a high-end speaker system that mostly is used at a conversational level, but then could get turned up to thump at night. Of course...
  7. S

B&W 606 S2 vs ELAC Debut DBR62

I got the 606S2's to demo recently, and can say that what they do they do well, but they also compromise in critical places. This is my (untreated) room decay. You can see the notches around 500 and 615hz. At 615 in particular, the speakers barely make a noise. I'm not using a great amp, the...
Top Bottom