Search results

1. S

Inside Yamaha amps

Thank you. I read similar things as well. So got good deal and purchase Denon 800NE today. Looks like its going out of production line soon and they selling them only 10euro above 600NE. The only issue is lead time. In Ireland its particularly difficult to get anything HiFi due to covid and...
  2. S

Inside Yamaha amps

What do you think about smallest brother 202D? I am thinking to replace my really old Sony receiver with something affordable but with good for money quality sound ?
  3. S

SMSL M400 and SMSL SP200 a good combo?

Depend on analizer. Something to compare waveforms , but also intermodulation , better visually. I am sure such equipment exists , but not sure if anybody of us can afford it. Probably its time to start design something like this ..... Like 25 years ago I used to use sound card and some...
  4. S

I have on the table SU-8 V2 on 9038 and M400. They both measured very well , but with the same source and the same amplifier they sounds VERY different. If you want to dive deep in math behind it , than you need good ADC with sample rate around 1mhz or more and than compare figures when you...
  5. S

Come on, are you really think that devices "measured" similarly are sounding the same as well ? Even I can hear the difference....
  6. S

In short , they sounds different, they do have audibly different sound signature. Some times even the same dac chip on differently implemented DACs sounds different. Try M500 and SU-9 as example. And as I mentioned before , fortunately music is not about measurements
  7. S

Can I add my 2 coins as I have exactly the same setup? Music is not about measurements. We are not listening 1kHz sinusoid to relax or enjoy. M400 is real hi end DAC with completely different AK chip and of cause sounds completely different to M200 or SU-8 I had ( still have ) in my case. Also...
  8. S

Did you sorted? I am currently using SMSL SU-8 + SP200 connected via some amazon 30cm balanced cables and running USB from PC. Powering two sets of headphones, DT177x and Philips X2HR modified for full balance perforated leather pads. RCAs are connected to HiFi amp - at the same time as SP200...
Top Bottom