Search results

1. K

Archimago: Inside an APx555

Years ago, I used to religiously "quiet" and "militarize" power supplies and various other pieces of electronics (my way of describing lowering noise and increasing reliability :)). I went through literally hundreds of fans and ended up favoring Nidec, Sanyo-Denki, Panaflo and Papst fans. Sadly...
  2. K

"Music-First Audiophile" Manifesto by John Darko

Indeed, yet you have no idea how annoying this thing is that I have here. They've really outdone themselves with this new latest generation of TVs. Even if you don't connect, it will bug you to connect/update every single time you power it on.
  3. K

Ad blockers may be a solution of sorts for computers/tablets, but can you install one on my dumb "smart TV" running some annoying manufacturer-modified OS?
  4. K

Absolutely valid points, yes, I do my fair share of watching as well, but I always keep in mind that you cannot trust everything you see/read/hear. I would actually watch more if they got rid of the annoying advertisements and made it easier to use, like it was in the early days when the...
  5. K

Audiophile Heaven With Only Two Components

I usually tend to over-complicate everything, yet I can still appreciate the simplicity of your acoustic space. The carpet is perfect, the violins are a nice touch, and that Magritte-style painting is awesome. Congratulations and enjoy the music.
  6. K

Anyone can post anything on YouTube. Why do people pay so much attention?
  7. K

AC power supply on Amazon (EU)

Magnis are 16V/1A and this one is identical to the original Schiit adapter and an exact replacement: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B8865BG?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
  8. K

Klark Teknik Air Link Wireless System Review and Measurements

I have this pair and I just wanted to add that, since they use the 2.4 GHz band, the transmitter causes interference which makes some of my 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi devices behave strangely (connect/disconnect/slow down). I have not done measurements or collected other objective proof, however - as soon as...
  9. K

KZ Castor Harman Target IEM Review

Is the "black" version different? The manufacturer's description is confusing, as they mention two versions, one "Harman Target" and one "with Improved Bass": https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00526NHT8/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A3BTWVEXFM4EBW&psc=1
  10. K

What are we listening to right now..

Pixies - Doggerel. CD. Music - good, mastering engineer must have had predictable "gun to the head" orders from the record company to smash it as much as possible. Unsurprisingly, DR=5. Shame, we have all this great technology these days which we use mostly to listen to intentionally damaged audio.
  11. K

How About Creating a Modern Cassette Player?

Not only that, but the whole idea of having your entertainment controlled and handled by a private business (your ISP) is bizarre, risky and just plain inconvenient. And you have to pay them on top of that, not to mention additional payments to your streaming "platform". The internet is a great...
  12. K

Completely agree, I posted a photo of the Dragon just symbolically, because it is well known and Fosi asked for an "ideal vision"... I do understand that it ain't gonna happen. Plenty of less fussy "workhorse" reliable decks in history from the likes of Teac/Tascam, Sony, Technics and others, if...
  13. K

Ideal vision of a cassette player:
  14. K

Well, at least we're not completely out of options. As remnants of the monoliths, Marantz and Tascam still make cassette decks, not the same build quality as their earlier models but they do work and are still in production. And there is, of course, the used market. Maybe Fosi can obtain/license...
  15. K

Hopefully cheaper, given modern advanced manufacturing.
  16. K

Streaming for music is one of the most annoying processes ever. It may be convenient for films or YouTube clips, but not for serious music listening, at least not for us stubborn old-fashioned media buffs. I want to have physical objects in my hand, I want the ability to choose the type of media...
  17. K

"the experience of pleasure, joy, or self-satisfaction that comes from learning of or witnessing the troubles, failures, pain, or humiliation of another"? Not at all, I just want to deal with my own cassette troubles :)
  18. K

Mechano23 Open-source DIY Speaker Review

Don't give them any ideas...or ScanSpeak and SB Acoustics will raise the price of the drivers. Something like this should be kept relatively obscure
  19. K

Mechano23 Open-source DIY Speaker Review

I was trying to locate a US source for the parts and, interestingly, the mid/bass driver "SB Acoustics sb13pfcr25-4" as listed in the project shows up as a different type of speaker on Madisound in the US -...
  20. K

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Tannoy 215 DMT. Rugged, symmetrical beauty.
Top Bottom