Search results

1. B

Refreshing movies worth watching

Agreed. A charming film.
  2. B

New Neumann MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment

GLM is a far superior product in every aspect. Functionality and usability aren't really comparable with MA 1. The dedicated interface does away with all the "why isn't this interface working" issues.
  3. B

Looking for an ADC that works stand alone without a computer.

No, it works standalone. Here's a Samsung Galaxy S8 headphone out into EMU 0404 USB running standalone outputting SPDIF to an RME ADI-2 DAC FS. No computer in sight.
  4. B

Genelec 8341A SAM™ Studio Monitor Review

If you think they're harsh use the GLM Sound Character Profiler. GLM is in a different league to MA 1.
  5. B

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

Someone's just told you about RME's Auto Ref function and you just ignore it. The RME has a superb volume control. If you read the RME manual you might learn something.
  6. B

WADAX REFERENCE DAC-$160K

Yet more hi-end degeneracy. It would be funny if it wasn't real.
  7. B

HDMI to USB for Mutichannel DAC OKTO PRO

Do any of the Reavon players offer the 105D's functionality?
  8. B

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE - RIAA mode measurements

The inputs of the SUT I'm considering buying are RCA and the outputs are XLR. (I guess I have made the balanced vs differential error.)
  9. B

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE - RIAA mode measurements

I currently use a moving coil cartridge with a single ended SUT. It sounds great but I do get a small amount of hum picked up. I've seen an SUT that has single ended inputs and balanced outputs. Hopefully that would eliminate the hum. I wanted to confirm the balanced cables I would need. Am I...
  10. B

Phono Cartridge Response Measurement Script

Thanks JP. As you've confirmed it's not an anomaly with the measurement script, I think I should raise it on the RME forums so as not to derail this thread.
  11. B

The loading is identical. The ADI-2/4's RIAA Mono Bass is implemented in DSP only. The loading is almost ideal for the Ortofon. I would expect to see poor crosstalk with RIAA Mono Bass on, as the stereo signal is summed to mono below 150Hz.
  12. B

Thanks for this great script, it's really useful tool. I wondered if I could get some input on a measurement anomaly I've found with my setup? I've got a Technics SL-7 and a couple of carts: a Technics EPC-310MC and an Ortofon OM-5 body with OM-30 stylus. I have an RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE, so I run...
  13. B

I'm using the script for the first time and would be grateful if someone could confirm some settings for me. I'm using the CBS STR-100 MK3 test disc and have an RIAA phono stage, are the following settings correct? riaamode = 3 riaainv = 1 str100 = 1 Thanks
  14. B

New Neumann MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment

In the past I have found that contacting Sennheiser support is a total waste of time, but have always had great support when contacting Neumann direct via headoffice email.
Top Bottom