Search results

1. W

Is E1DA Cosmos ADCiso a "decent" Phono-ADC?

Hi folks, the thread title actually really is the question I'm asking myself because my budget is limited. Now... I'm just occationally using USB-Out as my audio chain is SPDIF connected. In the "E1DA Cosmos ADCiso" review thread was some talk about this ADC having an internal "SPDIF signal...
  2. W

How do I add DIRAC/DSP to a setup with an integrated amplifier?

@snakyshrek212 Well, in a way I have a somewhat similar set up ... My only analog source is Phono, all other sources are digital (CD, MD, TV, Streaming). I want to DSP ALL signals (to tune sound to my preferences, EQ room modes, potentially run Dirac some day). So the RIAA equalised analog...
  3. W

Is a master clock needed?

Hello everyone, I'm reviving this thread (after reading though it and not finding my answer...) because my configuration is somewhat similar to the one described by the OP: - Turntable --> Phono stage --> ADC SPDIF --> MiniDSP open DRC DI -> 2 (parallel) SPDIF Outputs ==> --> MiniDSP SPDIF...
  4. W

Add SPDIF to Topping DM7 8-channel DAC

OK Folks, being the one having kicked all this off, I'd like to describe the configuration I'm in the middle of implementing: Three DSP boxes are "in charge". Box 1 is an openDRC DI in a larger case which also contains linear power supply and an ADC board. The miniSHARC and the ADC board are...
  5. W

Digital Audio Jitter Fundamentals

Hello digital Audio experts. I'm not sure if my question fits here completely, but I'd like a clarification regarding SPDIF signals. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I understand SPDIF signals carry the bit values and the clock (bit rate) signal coded into the transition to transition...
  6. W

Limitations of MiniDSP

Hi folks! My (maybe wrong) impression is that the available miniDSP portofolio is not entirely considered: I'm using the "ages old" openDRC for my Project. This unit provides 6144 Filtertaps at 48kS/s (that's my accepted compromise to get FIR filtering ;)). No, minDSP does not support Dirac on...
  7. W

Minidsp Flex Eight!

@mata7 Now, if you really only need to DSP the five Subs, I'd propose to buy a new 2x4 HD. My question to you would be, though: Why do you need and AD Converter fo the subs? ...maybe because your System set-up is all analog? Maybe there's a "better" alternative solution? If you want to...
  8. W

Does anyone produce a USB to USB DSP that I can put in between a streamer and DAC?

@shion_ca I‘d like to reinforce the miniDSP Flex recommendation! Your DAC has optical and koax SPDIF Inputs which it will autoselect when connected. You will Need the PC to program the DSP BUT when done it is stand alone. Greetings, Winfried
  9. W

Study: Is I²S interface better for DACs than S/PDIF or USB?

Hello Roland, thanks for responding! Yes, I am aware of the potential signal line length issue, just never implemented I²S so far. Which also is the reason I'm asking for advice. My actual plan was (and is) to try the SPDIF CMOS Level connection first, just wanted to evaluate if I should even...
  10. W

Study: Is I²S interface better for DACs than S/PDIF or USB?

Hello folks, not sure this is the appropriate place to get advice for my case, but please let know ;) OK. I'm building a system with a DSP board and DAC board, located in the same system box next to each other. Now I have the choice of either using CMOS Level SPDIF or I²S to connect the two...
  11. W

My Simple 4x4 Channel Modification For MiniDSP OpenDRC-DI

Hello Troy, further to having sent Thank You a while ago, I was just reminded of your modification by a friend, because I am actually building a 2x4 openDRC DI Implementation for two active 4-Way speakers. Two SPDIF Outs feed two stereo DACs per side (each side gets its own openDRC DI and 2...
  12. W

SMSL D-6s Balanced DAC Review

Hi @staticV3 ! Thank you! Just really saw your suggestion - sorry for ignoring it so far. Yeah! I had bought four KTBs a while ago already to use them in my 4-Way-Speakers, but D-6s was intreaguing... KTBs do what I need for the time being and if/when DAC boards(!) measuring similar to the...
  13. W

Khadas Tone Board help

Just to close the/my topic: The Dig. Out switch of the CDP had muted the SPDIF. Also, I'm now using an Apogee WydeEye coax cable. All works fine :) Kind Regards and thanks, Winfried
  14. W

Khadas Tone Board help

@Sokel thanks for the hint! I'll have to check again as with a D50s DAC sound from my CDP was OK :oops: Maybe I need a "better" cable... Greetings, Winfried
  15. W

Khadas Tone Board help

Hello Folks, I know this thread is old, but I need help with Khadas Tone 1 board anyway: Good news: The board plays music from my PC via USB, seemingly by default. With an external USB supply the LED lights up, so the DAC seems to be functional as well. BUT: My application does not use USB as...
  16. W

Rogers LS3/5a (BBC) Speaker Review

I've owned a pair of Chartwell LS3/5a from 1980-83. Interestingly, I had them placed ~ 0.3m from the wall, on a side board left and right of the Stereo Tuner/Pre/Power Amp set. This set up sounded quite nice, even my wife liked the small boxes ;). But these were the times I did not sit down in...
  17. W

Actually I don‘t need, even don‘t want Volume Control, but the D-6s is so damn intreaguing…
  18. W

Thanks for the hint! I do have these boards, but the D-6s is so damned intreaguing…
  19. W

Hi folks, this D-6s DAC seems "magic" in data while being extremely affordable! For my application it is largely overloaded with features, though, which makes me wonder: I just need DAC boards with coax SPDIF and/or Toslink input (coming from the DSP xover) and cinch outputs going to the (box...
  20. W

Turntable Phono to Digital Toslink / SPDIF / AES Suggestions?

@kthbrdy Dear Phono friend, the Kii Three is a very high quality speaker to begin with, so I would guess you would want matching, high quality phono experience as well. If that is not the case, just ignore my further comments. IF matching quality is the goal, just connecting "some Turntable...
Top Bottom