Search results

1. R

Kef Reference 1 vs LS50M w subs

Its a good point. There does seem to be a gulf between the R3 and REF1, pricewise. Opportunity there for a new product with less reference refinement but better sound than the R3? Also plenty of scope (IMO ) for a new active speaker without DAC/ Streamer/ DSP, both as a floor-stander and...
  2. R

I guess so. But isn't that one of the elements of a premium product... hand crafted with a personal touch. Like a HiFi white glove/ silver service - worth a premium price for some people, even if the sound quality is only slightly better. Perhaps this aspect is lost on a second hand purchase...
  3. R

The Reference are handmade in the UK, whereas the R series, LS50 etc are made in China. They also look high end with a high quality cabinet and premium finish. Nice if you have a premium room to match :) The LS50w with Kube subs and an outboard streamer & DAC have given me a fantastic sound in...
  4. R

KEF LSX Review (Wireless Speaker)

Which do you think sound better? I found the LSX to sound better in some instances, which was surprising ( albeit in a 12m sq room )
  5. R

KEF LSX Wireless & DAC/AMP

Rob Watts himself has confirmed the four filters on the Chord Quest measure exactly the same, yet there is a subtle but audible difference to anyone who has heard them.
  6. R

Pretty much yeah. It does work OK but if you want to use Tidal I'd say roon is the way to go, which makes Tidal Connect redundant. Otherwise, Spotify Connect does the job just as well. If you use an external streaming device, it will likely support Tidal. I've been using the Primare NP5...
  7. R

The KEF app can play Tidal, but its not Tidal Connect. The difference with Connect is the API is built into the speaker and connects directly to Tidal on the internet, and is controlled by the app rather than streamed from the app.
  8. R

Its roughly square, 4M X 3M. Speakers about 2M apart and listening position is about 2M . I have yes...there is still a distinct difference when using the Chord DAC.
  9. R

I had the LSX for a year, and used them with some external devices - Kube1 subwoofer, Chromecast Audio, IFI iPurifier for the Chromecast and a Chord Mojo, connected to the AUX in. The sound from the above while streaming Soundcloud was fantastic. I also a got a great sound with Spotify connect...
  10. R

Fair enough. I agree what you both say makes sense. However, it's not the complete picture. I know what I hear....and there is a difference in sound quality. The E30 and Mojo have minor differences in presentation, Mojo is warmer with female vocals and handles sibilance better, with greater...
  11. R

I don't set it to line out. I adjust the volume to match the speaker amp, until it sounds ' just right' . Odd that there are many LSX ( and LS50w) owners who report the same effect. Maybe we have all taken leave of our senses ..
  12. R

I'll send a message to KEF then.. Looking forward to being right about this ;)
  13. R

No offense taken :) Unless the sound signature of the external DAC is retained by the LSX ADC? I know what you're getting at, but I also know what I'm hearing. It's been reported by other LSX users too. We would need KEF designers to weigh in ...
  14. R

Hi OP. I have a pair of LSX in the sitting room. I have experimented with several external DACs into the analogue RCA input. For the record, the worst sound I've heard from them, was broadcasting from the TV or smartphone via bluetooth utilizing the internal LSX DAC. It was stifled with a...
Top Bottom