Search results

1. S

Share your in-room measurements?

I think people are making their measurements at listening positions in this thread. That's what makes the high frequency roll off seem strange. Speakers should be angled on axis etc. My room is different (speakers are on the ceiling) so I am going to have to compromise... but I'm just looking...
  2. S

Share your in-room measurements?

I got my system somewhat tuned, but I'm looking to start tailoring the target curve to taste. From what I'm seeing nobody uses something like the equal loudness curve, particularly in the mid/high range. Seems like people generally roll off the high end, which REW allows for by default. Why?
  3. S

Using DSP to flatter lower quality recordings?

This is what I'm looking for. I don't have the time or means to do that kind of individual mastering. Just looking to see what I can do after the "accuracy" tune of the DSP to tune to taste.
  4. S

Using DSP to flatter lower quality recordings?

We all know how to use DSP to get the most accurate signal out of whatever setup we have. (Or do we?) But accuracy can be bad if you listen to recordings of a wide range of mastering quality. Going from anything Steely Dan to Ahmad Jamal's The Awakening is flat out jarring. Is it possible to...
  5. S

Jazz ♫ Music only | In the now, or recently, or that you love...

Fusion has to count right? If there are whackadoodle upper extensions and ii-Vs it's jazz to me. Joe Sample is my favorite pianist: As someone who plays the first song sent chills through my spine when I first heard it. I found the sheet music online and have added it to my repertoire. IT's...
  6. S

Best way to buy music in highest quality that supports the artist?

I mainly stream through Spotify but there are gaps with the more obscure stuff. What's the best way to buy music that will give me the best audio quality and support the artist? I am thinking about buying new CDs and ripping them to FLAC to put on my server. I use Volumio
  7. S

Aiyima A07 on the way now which DAC?

I did get the E30 but I think I will send it back. The E30 probably generates better test numbers but the T5 is still a huge improvement from my current setup and it has all the connections and controls I want.
  8. S

HifiBerry DAC2 HD Review (Rpi HAT)

Is there any point to these vs just connecting to a regular DAC via USB? I am streaming from a Pi to a dirt cheap Amazon DAC temporarily and it sounds pretty damn good to me. I imagine the Pi feeding my E30 will sound amazing. Setup is key as well. My setup is in my kitchen so odds are...
  9. S

DIY turntable stand dos and don'ts?

A wall shelf is an interesting idea. That might actually be the easiest solution. Here is where the turntable is/will be: So I think I can hang a shelf from the cabinet above (I don't want to mess with the tiled backsplash). The only thing with that is those cabinets are filled with...
  10. S

DIY turntable stand dos and don'ts?

I'm trying to figure out a cheap and effective turntable stand solution. The main sources of vibration I can think of are our toddler's jumping dances, general footsteps, and the refrigerator about 4 ft away (this is in the kitchen). My mechanical engineering instinct says to just get a slab of...
  11. S

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

I would imagine the USB is used both as an input and as the connection for your PC to adjust the DSP Man I wish I had found this before. I have bought about $500 in components recently and this would replace all of them. Has anyone played with the DSP? Would it allow me to highpass speakers...
  12. S

Best passive volume control?

Haha, I should have put a price cap. I think I'm gonna stick with the Schitt. It has the wife-friendliest interface and will let me run different DSP profiles for the DAC and turntable.
  13. S

Forgot to mention I have one, and I am used to not having a remote (system is in the kitchen) so it should work. Just not crazy about having to build a little component rack as space is at a premium.
  14. S

I am looking to use to following stack: Sources: Pi streamer through USB + record player through ADC/optical out DAC: Topping E30 DSP: Dayton DSP-408 Amp: Aiyima A07 (>100Hz) Speakers: XPS DML panels (>100Hz) and powered sub (<100Hz) Problem is the only volume control I have is at the power...
  15. S

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

I will put some kind of shim at the back if necessary. Better than a $40 shelf
  16. S

Well the whole reason I went with the T5 was to have an analog input for my turntable.... but now I think I might return the T5 and get the Topping E30 (I like the screen) and an ADC for the (very cheap Crosley C100A) turntable. That price of that shelf is also a factor... I'd rather just spend...
  17. S

I kind of regret not getting silver to match my turntable but I get the feeling I will be replacing that with a black one. Anyway here are the frustrating configurations ^^^ Side by side.... different heights and widths. Just doesn't look nice. Also this is going on a kitchen counter so space...
  18. S

So I just got my T5. Is anyone else a little annoyed that the dimensions don't line up? The T5 is too wide to put on top of the A07, and it's also a different height so they look mismatched next to each other. I was hoping for a matched stack like Schitt does.
  19. S

What kind of case could I use? Is there an enclosed plug and play version of this?
  20. S

I see that... https://www.aiyima.com/products/amplifier-dc48v-power-adapter-ac110v-220v-to-dc48v-7-5a-switching-power-supply?variant=32961903394891 Would I need a case for it?
Top Bottom