Search results

1. D

Suddenly noticing sibilance

I need some counseling! I'm pretty sure this is all in my head... Let me know what you think. My gear is a pair of Revel M106 stand mounts, WIIM pro, smsl-su1 dac, Yamaha a-s801. Small room, area rug. I listen mostly at low to moderate volumes. I recently swapped out my older Yamaha rx-596...
  2. D

Yamaha rx-596 vs Yamaha a-S801 subjective

This is a subjective impression between the Yamaha RX-596 and the much newer, Yamaha A-S801. I bought the new one due to the common input selector switch issue with the old one. I used the CD direct mode to circumvent the issue but it bugged me. So, out came the wallet. I use a WIIM pro with an...
  3. D

Purpose of variable input on some power amplifiers.

I have a WIIM pro plus and was considering connecting it directly to an NAD C268 power amplifier. For safety reasons, I'd use the "variable input" on the back of the amplifier to set a "max" level in case the WIIM volume control goes haywire. Is this a viable solution? I know I can buy a preamp...
  4. D

Revel M106 upgrade from Dali Oberon 1 - rookie subjective impressions

So, I've been enjoying this site for about a year. And low and behold my system is now entirely composed of products praised in these hallowed halls. This includes a clean Yamaha RX-596 I picked up for $50 (and always run with the pure direct and cd direct engaged). I also I have a WIIM pro...
  5. D

Age related frequency loss and speaker choice.

This is my first post, and I searched this topic but didn't see too much on it. According to a few simple charts I pulled up on line, a dude my age (50) could expect to see 10-20db loss when I get up near the 5k-7k frequency range, and more as it gets higher. Wouldn't that imply that a "neutral"...
Top Bottom