Search results

1. H

Review and Measurements of Paradigm PW-Link Streamer/DAC

I realize I'm late to the party, but I'm thinking about snagging one of these up. Long story short: My sub bit the dust and I picked up a paradigm V10 as a replacement. I wanted built-in sub/room EQ so I could move my antimode into another room. The V10 supports ARC and down the rabbit hole I...
  2. H

Limiting Distortion? PA3s

So currently with the amp all the way up, my comfortable listening output from the dac/pre is between -30 and -10 with the usual value being about ~ -25. Sometimes for really quite recordings, I drop 8, but I don't have my subwoofer plugged in yet (because I'm waiting on a couple cables to show...
  3. H

Thank y'all so much for the info and the back and forth discussion. So I've going to try the following workflow, let me know if I'm off... (1) Plug the banana leads into my mm with a 100hz sine wave playing and tune the max output the the appropriate voltage. (2) If the above doesn't work try...
  4. H

That is a very solid answer! I'm newb guessing here, but a more reasonable version of my question is... I get this is decisive but I am working from nothing... I've got a multimeter, a power clamp, and a graph that characterizes the impedance as a function of frequency for my speakers.... how...
  5. H

Hi All, After reading the reviews, I picked up Topping E50 and PA3s (they showed up today!!) to go with my PSB Imagine Minis. Everything seems pretty great at this point, but I had a question about the review and a comment Amir made: Beyond changing the input or output volume, how does one...
  6. H

Recommend me integrated amplifier

I have no knowledge of devices in that price range... but just using the review search tool its easy to see the best reviewed amp here is the: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-benchmark-ahb2-amp.7628/ I know it is not integrated, but it seems...
  7. H

C326BEE Shenanigans: NJW0281G / NJW0302G replacements + tuning?

Hi all, (Sorry if this is the wrong forum! I was going to post this into diy, but that sub looks like it is filled with people designing stuff and most of it is wayyyyyy over my head. I also thought about posting this to newbie, as that is what I am, but no one there was asking these types of...
  8. H

Resolved: Stereo to Mono Summing For Subwoofer

For posterity - I think I've gotten to the bottom of this. DSPeaker has a diagram for just such a situation: http://www.dspeaker.com/en/support/using-stereo-pre-out-with-8033.shtml In it, it list the resistor value range as 5k-10k ohm. Monoprice has a summing circuit that fits the bill...
  9. H

This one has posted specs: http://www.muxboxs.com/products/143.html and this one is from a brand I have actually heard of: https://www.monacor.com/products/pa-technology/signal-processing/signal-optimisation/smc-1/ Anyone have experience with either? ..the two have very different input...
  10. H

the antimode already descretizes/digitizes whats passed in to eq. If i put in another DSP infront of it, I'm sure I'll be introducing even more noise. If you check the ASR review of the newer antimode units, you'll notice they are pretty piss poor DACs... converting twice sounds like it is...
  11. H

I wouldn't at all mind getting a new sub, but then I'd have to get a new antimode/subeq and now we are looking at a 1k+ investment total! I have a rather old antimode that only takes in a single input and output: https://www.hometheatershack.com/attachments/antimode-10-jpg.16856/
  12. H

What GimeDsp said. E30 only has a single set of stereo outputs which isn't a big deal because my amp has line level outputs. The subwoofer has a built-in crossover, so i just have to sum the outputs of the two channels.
  13. H

Nothing remotely fancy. An emotiva a-300 and a cadence csx-15 mark II. EDIT because I'm feeling old: Both are almost 10 years old now!!
  14. H

So I'm (mostly) retiring my Denon HEOS Link for a Topping E30. Unfortunately doing so has gotten me into a bit of a pickle. Currently, the Link has a Sub/LFE output that is summed in the digital domain. That LFE output is pumped into my single channel DSPeaker antimode and then finally to my...
  15. H

emotiva a-100 - mods?

Hahahahaha, early morning mousering is clearly not my strong suite. Those are not the right caps. 63mm, yikes. They are some 22000uF nichicons. I have to dig them out of storage, but they are no more the 25mm wide? Whatever was size appropriate for the nad. I just figured I'd put that stuff to...
  16. H

emotiva a-100 - mods?

So Amir just reviewed a-100 and it got me noodling... I've have some parts sitting in drawer from a project that never panned out and I'm thinking about giving them a home. Background: A few years ago a friend wanted me to work on their nad c 326bee but then ended up going another route. When...
  17. H

Emotiva BasX A-100 Review (stereo amplifier)

It only has the two 10000mF filter caps and they are "emotiva" (hehe) branded. I'm wonder home much of that power supply noise will be cleaned up by swapping those out for some decent 20000mf or 30000mf caps. It honestly doesn't look half bad otherwise.
Top Bottom