Search results

1. roskodan

Focal Clear Review (headphone)

I went for the Clear first, I remember paying $800 for those, and only later got a pair of Elear, second hand, for like under $300. It's crazy how subjective it is which one is the "better" headphone. The Clear are more tonally balanced and maybe more nuanced but the Elear have the better...
  2. roskodan

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

... after a hefty bass boost, yeah, yeah... and after the Focal Elear, Clear, Utopia in terms of transparency / dynamics... Although I could agree the og HD800 have the most beautiful sound among any dynamic driver headphone... as opposed to electrostats...
  3. roskodan

Photo, or it didn't happen.
  4. roskodan

Sennheiser HD650 Review (Headphone)

In my experience, boosting the <150Hz region, on any decent headphone is a non issue in terms of distortion perception. It's easier to get too much bass before any annoying distortion sets in. Except for, I guess, what would be more noticeable, in ear cup interactions with the outer ear, and...
  5. roskodan

... or maybe use what's best to your ears? Really, it's about music reproduction to one's taste. Plus, it's not like one can't turn EQ on and off whenever one wants to, and have as many presets as one likes... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  6. roskodan

The more I'm uneducated and/or ignorant, the more I'm serious about being right about... ... everything! Different records benefit from different response curves as much or even more than different ears / brains do... don't expect it to be a huge deviation from the harman standard, and it will...
  7. roskodan

Idk what all the fuss is about. My PEQ software can be turned on/off, preset/reset at will with a single click... why limit yourself ‍ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Btw, lately I found myself just boosting the bass on decent headphones...
  8. roskodan

Use PEACE GUI, it has and import function. Importing .txt files with the preset lines will set the PEQ. Check my profile for all the links. Use AutoEQ presets for best Harman target results. I usually just boost the bass with a low shelf filter, easy to set up with PEACE GUI. TL;DR
  9. roskodan

In defense of his statement, it did warn us that he will "never understand". It really depends on what one has been listening before switching to the HD650. Hearing is like sight, looking at light makes shade darker while looking at shade makes light brighter. Color perception adapts as well.
  10. roskodan

However, Focal made it clear :p that it was a design choice they made to minimize mechanical damping. I'm pretty confident the Focal US 5 years warranty is plenty of time to find out if the unit is "out of specs" and get a replacement, or a refund within the return period. There is also the...
  11. roskodan

Distortion down to -300 dB, what exactly does that mean physically?

Check out Sir Watts' new book "The Depth Getting Deeper - My Life With Synesthesia -" here is a quote from the book "... and I'm looking at the numbers on my screen... -330dB, -350dB... and I can't believe it... I can hear that!"
  12. roskodan

EQ APO vs Peace EQ Interface

One can input command lines from PEACE without using the GUI, and saving it will create a separate config file as usual. Just press the "Command" button, and the command window will pop up. Here I called the convolver command with a FIR .wav file as input (root file path is the EQ APO config...
  13. roskodan

Is 2020, Audeze LCD-2 Classic / LCD2C Share your thoughts, should improve, measurements and guide.

Btw, if using audio players that support convolver plugins, like foobar2000 has the Impulse Response Convolver plugin, just download the .wav file from AutoEQ and load it into the plugin (WARNING turn off "Auto level adjust", in plugin settings, as it seems to not work properly and induces...
  14. roskodan

foobar2000 v1.6.6 final has been released

You need to feed the convoler the right sampling rate, depending on the .wav FIR file rate, for it to EQ correctly. Basically the .wav FIR file works correctly for one specific sampling rate only. AutoEQ provides .wav FIR files for either 44.1kHz or 48kHz sample rate playback (you can use...
  15. roskodan

I was more interested in the output buffer performance, the amplifier part, has some interesting specs at 18W RMS 8Ω. I'm not really a sucker for -120dB THD + noise and what have you, let alone -300dB. ;)
  16. roskodan

I've a "feeling" Chord DACs sound nice also (read mostly) thanks to John Franks' output buffer designs. I'm really disappointed there are no analog inputs on the Hugo TT 2, as well as John Franks not being interested in making a dedicated headphone amp / preamp. Bummer! Can't wait for ASR...
  17. roskodan

If DS was dropped, then I guess when upgrading to v1.6+, any DS OS integrated DSP (like EQ APO) will be bypassed and unusable with foobar2000?
  18. roskodan

Just dropping by to remind that foobar2000 has a convolver plugin, Impulse Response Convolver plugin, once installed, to EQ your headphone to Harman, just download the respective .wav file for your headphone from AutoEQ results and load it into the plugin (WARNING: just turn off "Auto level...
  19. roskodan

foobar2000 modular freeware audioplayer for Windows developed by Peter Pawłowski

Just dropping by to remind that foobar2000 has a convolver plugin, Impulse Response Convolver plugin, once installed, to EQ your headphone to Harman, just download the respective .wav file for your headphone from AutoEQ results and load it into the plugin (WARNING: just turn off "Auto level...
Top Bottom