Search results

1. Y

(Unofficial) Topping D50 III DAC review and measurements

Yeah, indeed the DAC version (corrected in the above post). The pro is 50% more expensive and I don’t need an analog input. The thing that is kind of holding me back was that there were rumours of an updated design… even though I don’t remember where I read that ;)
  2. Y

To be honest, this test had made me rethink: I am tempted to buy … a RME ADI-2 DAC Fs instead of my Topping E50. It does everything I need / want (PEQ, loudness, IR control, settable output range…) and it does it extremely well. The topping D50 III? Amazing device for the asked price but also...
  3. Y

I agree that Bluetooth remotes are better than IR. The problem is that they are way more difficult to be replaced by a universal remote than IR: Bluetooth requires pairing, bidirectional communication, and specific profile. This means that it is more difficult to engineer something that mimic...
  4. Y

I would assume it is a stereo PEQ, i.e. independent parameters for left and right channels. Otherwise it would limit the usefulness for e.g. room correction. There is no mention in the specs nor user manual though. The screenshot of the App is revealing that there is only mon control though...
  5. Y

Argh, looking at the user manual: the D50 III seems not to have IR control, only Bluetooth. That’s unfortunately a deal breaker for me as it will not play nice with the Logitech Harmony control I use for my A/V setup. :(
  6. Y

Great news, thank. RME may have been conservative with their 8W spec’d idle :)
  7. Y

Would be nice to see if the DAC can be powered by 500mA-limited computer USB port or by a phone charger. On the other hand, that should be stated in the spec (I didn’t found those figures but I’ve only cursorily glanced at Topping webpage).
  8. Y

True, it’s a professional device and the build quality and features look incredible… but an overkill just for my use case.
  9. Y

Thanks for the review @Rja4000 ! For me, this is also excellent. I’ve finally a reason to upgrading my topping E50. Room correction was missing on my audio chain. It is pity that the PEQ software is only running on Windows but I would rather that Topping iron out the software bug before porting...
  10. Y

B&W 800D4 series

Selling loudspeakers is similar to selling TV Sets. At least, that’s my two cents. For TVs, retail outlets usually use setting with oversaturated -but eye popping- colours. In addition, they often have the motion filter turned on. Research / experience has shown that customers prefer those in...
  11. Y

Benchmark AHB2 Review (Updated Measurements)

I had a small pop at turn off with banana connector. I changed to speakon yesterday, the pop is still there. There is not really a reason for the connector type to have an influence on the presence of the pop or not. Changing the cable might, as it has more influence on the inductance than the...
  12. Y

Assuming a purely resistive load, and that the amplifier can drive the 2 ohm load, the DF at 2 ohm is simply half of the one at 4 ohm. This is is because DF = LOAD IMPEDANCE / AMPLIFIER OUTPUT IMPEDANCE. Changing the load impedance should not change the output impedance. Damping Factor at 2ohm...
  13. Y

I was thinking the same but I guess that the added distortion is additive, so maybe 2 db each. I‘ve the speak on connectors but never bothered to install them. Maybe I should assemble them but it will be inaudible improvements anyway.
  14. Y

Le AHB2 peut être commandé en ligne directement chez le fabricant, c’est ce que j’ai fait pour la Suisse. Sinon, Benchmark est un fabricant pro donc la contrôle qualité est plus élevé que pour les produits grands publique. L’ampli est made in USA, par contre je ne sais pas si les circuits...
  15. Y

Anthem AVM90 AV Processor Review

Well, miniDSP has already entered the home theatre market: it got me excited for ten seconds. Then I read the specs and meh, not for my use case (or many use cases I guess, except if you use your TV or projector as an HDMI hub / decoder). https://www.minidsp.com/products/ht-series/flex-ht and...
  16. Y

Anthem AVM90 AV Processor Review

I second that, I’ve an Anthem MRX720 that I bought more than 7 years ago: I don’t feel any need to upgrade. The sound formats have basically not changed much since then. The only things that is ‘missing‘ is the latest HDMI supports. Anthem ARC software (for room correction) is still supporting...
  17. Y

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

Yes, 1.7 is the latest version: https://www.tpdz.net/download
  18. Y

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

DAC are a solved problem, anything measuring 110dB SINAD or better is provably transparent. Heck, anything measuring above 85dB is probably also transparent in most practical situations. Properly engineered DACs have no ´sound’, period. I've three properly engineered DACs: Topping E50, Anthem...
  19. Y

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

Indeed, if the clipping indicator light up when the difference between the amplified output and the input scaled by the gain is above a set threshold, it is an almost perfect indication that the amplifier is not having issue driving that attached load / speaker. Any idea about what is the...
  20. Y

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

:p BTW, isn’t @amirm using a AHB2 for one of his setup? May be worth to update the AHB2 review / first page with the reactive load test information at some point.
Top Bottom