Search results

1. CaptObvious

Survey:What kind of products do you want in 2019?From S.M.S.L

VMV SMSL D2, any chance you can spoil us with early information? AKM4499? ????
  2. CaptObvious

Review and Measurements of SMSL VMV D1 DAC

I wanted the 'end game' so I don't buy any more audio equipment; later this year I plan on picking up 2 Hsu research subwoofers and running them on the unbalanced outputs of the D1 and keep the emotiva's on the balanced outputs. Hopefully that's the end of my stereo system ;) @Hemi-Demon...
  3. CaptObvious

GALA DAC - New Product, Coming Soon

@orchardaudio be strong, quality is only achieved through perseverance.
  4. CaptObvious

It sounds pretty good to me, I had it set up with a pair of powered monitors (emotiva stealth 8). But it doest sound any different to the Khadas tone board, just looks aesthetically more pleasing in my living room.
  5. CaptObvious

Amir's TODO thread

I was actually thinking of running a subwoofer from the unbalanced outputs and the balanced go out to powered speakers. That's a good compromise to get a 2.1 out of a dac with both balanced & unbalanced outputs.
  6. CaptObvious

Topping D70 DAC

So, anyone pre-order yet? Think Amirm would like to review it?
  7. CaptObvious

Topping D70 DAC

So.... the Topping D60 will be a single AKM4497 like the SMSL M10?
  8. CaptObvious

Creative Super X-Fi

Couldn't a crossfeed be modded in foobar2000 for any headset to simulate speaker audio space? Like a meier crossfeed? http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-online.de/crossfeed.htm
  9. CaptObvious

I'm interested in how the D1 will compare to the topping D70. Looks like we are hitting an new level of audiophile dacs from China.
  10. CaptObvious

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Sennheiser GSP500 open back gaming headset. With memory foam pads from the GSP600
  11. CaptObvious

What is your daily job ? ... any hobbies ?

Daily job: clinical scientist; I run a lab for a biotech that does cancer testing. Previously was a IBM mainframe operator. hobbies: creating self contained jarrariums (https://www.reddit.com/r/Jarrariums/), learning python, playing boardgames
  12. CaptObvious

Recomendation for desktop DAC/Amp [IEM and full-sized Headphones]

SMSL M10 http://www.smsl-audio.com/productshow.asp?id=149 . But this is a selfish request, I am hoping someone lends this dac/amp to @amirm for review ;)
  13. CaptObvious

Economy/Finances | Stock Markets | World/International

Looking to short the market with the aggressive SPXU 3x inverse ETF. Going long on put options on QQQ seems like a idea too.
  14. CaptObvious

Amir's TODO thread

So you buy more equipment?
  15. CaptObvious

Neutral and transparent DAC – SMSL VMV D1 or Oppo Sonica?

Are you looking to output to powered monitors or headphones? I believe later this year SMSL is releasing the P1 which is a headphone dac/amp.
  16. CaptObvious

Still, if you offer the option of both unbalanced and balanced, both should be somewhat comparable. Especially at the level/price they are marketing at. Though now I'm curious, looks like they are releasing a SMSL VMV P1 headphone dac/amp based on the D1. Maybe it will correct the issues in...
  17. CaptObvious

Looks like SMSL added your review @amirm to their Facebook page
  18. CaptObvious

Bargain DAC Suggestions?

I second the sabaj DA3, I have one currently connected to 2 emotiva stealth 8s via balanced outputs.
  19. CaptObvious

Sorry newbie here, AWT/UWT means?
Top Bottom