Search results

1. E

Why Doubt Is Essential to Science - Sci. Am.

You wrote quite a bit to completely ignore that our understanding of the other fundamental forces is at a very fundamentaly deeper level than our understanding of gravity (aka, we actualy know what particles transmit the force and, as such, can directly study them and the interaction).
  2. E

Why Doubt Is Essential to Science - Sci. Am.

You're either out of your depth a bit or making a dishonest argument. We don't know the method of interaction for gravity. That's a very very fundamental part of understanding it. We have models that do a damn good job explaining how it interacts with a lot of thing (be it neutonian or...
  3. E

Chord DAVE Measurements (With MScaler) by GoldenSound

I stand corrected. I edited my previous comment. I must have missed that message when the whole thing wad going down
  4. E

EDIT: I stand corrected. see response below. I'll leave comment for posterity's sake That's not quite true. The thread was posted above for anyone interested. Yall discussed what would actualy make it valid proof. GO wanted to simply statisticaly accurately pick appart separate dacs with...
  5. E

What kind of error would cause the distortion to only be present at full scale and to stop at the nyquest frequency?
  6. E

Goldensound and his golden ears...

It was in the thread. As for why its not now not like I know. Either way, this post seems to be devolving quickly. Even the blind abx post was better than this.... Can we get more comments talking about testing methodology? Tbh I'm still learning there and would love to read more about what's...
  7. E

Goldensound and his golden ears...

Why would he delete his own post? As far as I can tell no one has even responded to it.
  8. E

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Wonder why some other cans are so so far off the posted specs if my math was good
  9. E

Small company for sure but im not positive quite how small (aka, ZMF vs Shiit)
  10. E

I'm trying to calculate a rough sensitivity in db/mw for these, would anyone mind helping me out? When I try i get roughly 82 db/mw but when I do the same for 1266 (using 1030 mV @ 94 dB SPL) I am off of the actual figure by quite a bit. Wouod anyone mind pointing out what I'm missing? Fwiw, im...
  11. E

Impact of AC Distortion & Noise on Audio Equipment

Sorry If I missed it, but were ant low impedence loads used? And if no, any plan to test that? Currious to see how that may affect things
  12. E

Wolfx700 Measurement&Review of Luxury&Precision P6

Have you gotten a chance to measure a P6 Pro yet? The upgraded version? Everyone seems to say it's even a tier above the og you measured here
  13. E

Wolfx700 Measurement of Hifiman HM1000

Oh. Not claiming it will make any difference at all. Just thought it should be noted. Also, anyone measure one of these after the power source upgrade? I figure info will be hard to come across outside of Asia in general, so links to Asian forums if measurements exist there are welcome as well...
  14. E

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

Ah, do you just mean reuse data without credit? Tbh I think we just use the term "publish" slightly differently
  15. E

Not consumers and experts. Just consumers and amir.
  16. E

Wait, what? Meta data studies are common in every field i have ever interacted with in academic research (several fields of physics, but most deeply CFD/CHT, and process engineering). Unless I'm missing what you mean?
  17. E

This is a poor argument. Should I also only take my car to the mechanic when there if 4L of oil on the floor and not when the engine starts ticking in the first place? As someone with hood experience in business you should be well aware that its better to be proactive rather than reactive...
  18. E

How to volume match using ADC?

I havent played with REW at all. Will it allow me to use both inputs of the m2 simultaneously to match directky without having to switch off? Edit: I just realized mic inputs are unbalanced. So do I need to use both inputs simultanously to even measure balanced output? Edit2: bad with words...
  19. E

Ok, so basucaly just grab a multi-meter and match the rms voltage of a test signal (pink noise? 1khz sin?) as closely as possible? Guess that makes a ton of sense. Not realy sure why I was thinking I had to use an adc looming back at it.
  20. E

Hello everyone, I seem to be drawing a blank trying to search this one up. I would like to volume match amps/dacs/chains to subjectively ABX them. I am fairly sure I have seen it mentioned several times you can do this using an ADC, but I can't for the life of me find a guide on how to do it...
Top Bottom