Search results

1. T

crossover point dip

i have a pair of diy 3 ways with 2nd order lr filters. i thought the filters would give 0 db gain at the xover point but there is around a 6 db drop at 250 and 7 k. does this indicate the mid is reverse polarity?
  2. T

copper clad v pure copper wire

this may be interesting. measured in room response running 12g copper clad aluminum v 12 g pure copper. 30 foot run. done on a nad 658 with dirac. compared to cca(1st graph) there is an increase in output at 70hz, 120hz and at > 10k. the 5k and 7k peaks are attenuated. no other change other...
  3. T

diy speaker dirac measurements

hello i hooked my diy speakers up to an nad 658 and measured it with dirac. this is what the in room response is. the green/purple line is left/right measured response. the yellow one is the harman variation i adjusted it to. any thoughts on the measurements? i cant really tell if its any good...
  4. T

measurements

just some food for thought. ive come across some posts suggesting if 2 amplifiers measured the same they would sound the same. i think that if two amps had the same thd spec but one distorted bass frequencies and the other distorted treble they would sound different yet have the same overall thd...
  5. T

measurements

when taking measurements of an amplifier like THD, it appears the measurement is taken in a vacuum. is there a method that takes the variable load of the speaker in to account? in real life, the speaker sends electricity back to the amplifier so there is an interaction at play between speaker...
Top Bottom