Search results

1. P

Universal Audio Apollo Twin X Review (Audio Interface)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the ADI-2 Pro wasn't designed specifically with studio recording and monitoring in mind, so it doesn't have monitoring features that devices like this Apollo Twin X has. However, I think you can use the ADI-2 Pro as a TOTL ADC, then connect a...
  2. P

Universal Audio Apollo Twin X Review (Audio Interface)

If anything, this device looks robust and really aesthetically pleasing. I was thinking about getting this for my SM7B and a separate amp for headphones, but since I don't really make music, I think something like an RME ADI-2 Pro and a separate mic preamp would be a better fit for me.
  3. P

UAD Apollo Twin Duo / thunderbolt interface: quick measurements

Should there be any reason to go with an external DAC for (expensive) headphones/IEMs rather than using the one in the Apollo Twin X? I contacted UAD to see if they would share any details about their AD/DA specs but they said they could not share it; they only said that the max sample rate is...
  4. P

Do I need a "better" standalone DAC for the UAD Apollo Twin X?

I was recently deciding between either the RME ADI-2 or the Topping A90 + another DAC (SU-9 maybe?) but I think I would rather just get the D90 and upgrade my recording interface to the Apollo Twin X. I contacted UAD about a similar topic, and they said, "The Twin X, however, already has...
Top Bottom