Search results

1. T

Schiit IEMagni Review (Headphone Amplifier)

Thanks. I haven't had any issues with it so far, but I'm also using it with headphones that don't absolutely need this kind of amp, and I don't have anything to compare it to except the sound I get from my iPhone dongle. I just wanted the versatility. Some online video reviewers said they could...
  2. T

Schiit IEMagni Review (Headphone Amplifier)

So the IEMagni is no longer listed for sale on the Schiit website. (Still available on Amazon, though.) Some redditors are saying Schiit told them it's been discontinued. Anybody have any insight? I just bought one and wonder if I should have gone with the 3+ instead.
  3. T

Hi-Res Audio Equipment -- Does Each Component Need to Support It?

Could it be a PCM vs Bitstream issue? That is, is the player does the decoding, I can send it via PCM to the receiver and it will handle it?
  4. T

Thanks! I'm still not 100% clear on what's needed to make the magic happen. So I can provide a specific scenario. Say I've just bought a high-res music file from HD Tracks. The X800M2 is capable of processing that file. Then the question becomes, how do I listen to it? The Sony STR-DN1080 says...
  5. T

Hi all, I'm on the verge of acquiring a new blu-ray player, the Sony X800M2. It can handle the major hi-res file formats (SACD and DVD-Audio, too). It's got HDMI outs, as well as coax digital and bluetooth. In order to play hi-res files, do I need a receiver that can also process these...
Top Bottom