Search results

1. D

Opinions on the music-discovery performance of current streaming services (and how to get the most out of them)?

Spofity does a good job letting me know when artists that I enjoy have released new music. Artist radio is good too.
  2. D

Top 5 streamer devices by ASR community

I started using a Squeezebox Duet in 2008 and recently bought a Touch. As sergeauckland points out, the software keeps getting better. No plans to change.
  3. D

Sub $200 Self-Powered Bookshelf Speakers in 2021 Market?

JBL 305P MKII are $99 each, free shipping, on Amazon now. If you'd like them in "Super White" you can get the same deal at Guitar Center.
  4. D

what you think makes Audiosciencereview (ASR) great

Agree with everything posted so far. I'd add that the general tone around here is pretty great, with the vast majority of posters trying to learn and help others. That's not the case on a lot of audio sites. The JBL 305P Mkii review, which is also a tutorial on how to read and interpret speaker...
  5. D

What is your favorite audio/band documentary?

We Jam Econo: The Story of The Minutemen
  6. D

Inexpensive Earphones

If you're able to use IEMs, the KZ ATR are $9.99 on Amazon and available elsewhere for less. They're comfortable, they isolate well, and they sound pretty good. V-shaped but not ridiculous. No tears when you lose them.
  7. D

NHT Xd system and other digital active speaker systems

I love my XD system. I too bought it on closeout, with the second subwoofer. It had some issues three years ago--power going on and off, flashing lights--and I sent it up to NHT to be worked on. They were terrific, fixing the problem and also changing out a bunch of resistors to bring it up to...
Top Bottom