Search results

1. D

NEOHIPO ET30 VU Meter Speaker Switcher Review

Are there IR codes listed for this device? I didn't keep the manual
  2. D

Dirac Reviews

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/neohipo-et30-vu-meter-speaker-switcher-review.50455/
  3. D

Need recommendation of class D amp for Dali Spector 1 speakers

In-ceiling Polk speaker in the kitchen. I have a Wiim Pro Plus in front of the Fosi. I have the 32V power supply. You would probably want the 48V. I suggest simply shopping price and features from the green section of Amirm's list. I assume the Fosi is near the top for price/performance.
  4. D

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

It also sounded like crap compared to high end gear of that day. Sometimes I wish we could still buy noticeably better sound from expensive amps.
  5. D

Need recommendation of class D amp for Dali Spector 1 speakers

I'm using the Fosi Audio ZA3 on a small system. I would bet money that you could not hear the difference between the Fosi and the Topping
  6. D

KEF R3 Meta - Review & Measurements by Erin

I don't know if sibilants is placement depedent. I hear it sitting in the ideal position with the speakers square to the room (10-15 degrees off access?). But I don't hear it often, and I only hear it when the mic is obviously near clipping. It's just like hearing sibilants in a live performance...
  7. D

I hear sibilants occasionally with the R3 Meta, especially from from female vocals. It may be in the recording. I find the problem worth it for the detail the R3 provides in some instruments. I'm very pleased with these speakers. I do use Dirac Live. There is a very significant difference...
  8. D

Buckeye Amps 2ch Integrated Amplifier

Just buy a Wiim Pro Plus and put it in front of the Buckeye. There a huge amount of software development in the Wiims. Taking it further use Roon with the Wiim as an endpoint. I find the above a better value and more sophisticated than BlueOS. I have a Node 2i.
  9. D

WiiM Amp discussion

Not allowed There's cheap, and then there is too cheap
  10. D

NEOHIPO ET30 VU Meter Speaker Switcher Review

I bought it and I love it. It's big, it's metal, and the worthless meters are pretty. Not one of my stupider purchases of recent times.
  11. D

Dr. Bose Model of the "Discipline of Acoustics"

I liked the 601. Probably never heard the 901 in the right room. In that era I would take the relatively crude Klipsch over both.
  12. D

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

That's interesting. While passive PA speakers are less common, I assumed that better ones would have XLR connectors.
  13. D

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

True for true audiophiles. But high end speakers in very expensive houses are almost never near the power amps. I find it disappointing that more speakers don't have balanced connectors. But I assume the fancypants $15K speakers do usually have balanced. I like how the Chinese designed products...
  14. D

Apollon Purifi vs Hypex

The Purifi has input sensitivity switching. I assume on high that the 1.5v is fine.
  15. D

Budget AMP for Focal Aria 948

How I would spend a $1500 budget: Wiim mini or Wiim pro using digital out on each. No need for the Wiim Pro Plus as the DAC isn't used miniDSP Flex + Dirac + UMIK-1 microphone. Plus a cheap full size microphone stand from amazon Buckeye Hypex NC252MP (250W) I like the value of the above. Plus...
  16. D

Budget AMP for Focal Aria 948

I would start with a quality Class D amp only like Buckeye. Amps can last a couple of decades or more. The preamp/streaming can be purchased separately.
  17. D

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

RME or miniDSP if Dirac or a crossover is desired. I've enjoyed the software updates from both companies. I don't see spending $900 without getting more features. Has Topping ever improved a product after sale?
  18. D

Dirac Reviews

Most commonly next to the front speakers is how many/most subs are placed. However with a single sub I couldn't find a good placement. With two subs and Dirac the front placement works fine. My left and right speakers, and two subs, are a couple of meters from side walls. Needing to place...
  19. D

Personally I would put money towards a new Denon/Marantz with Dirac. The trouble with reviews of more expensive speakers is that most people don't run them "vanilla". We often use subs and Audyssey or Dirac. Processing makes a vastly larger difference than what exists between quality speakers at...
  20. D

With no subwoofers? I think it depends if the speakers need to be against the wall.
Top Bottom