Search results

1. WillBrink

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

I have had generally good experiences overall over the decades. I didn't have a hard regret for any purchases, only things that didn't always live up to expectations/needs and were sold/traded in. I did buy B&W some 803D v2 at one point as I'd added a large addition to my house and the set up I...
  2. WillBrink

New Open Baffle Speaker from Clayton Shaw

I have no experience with OB speakers. Would love to hear those or similar some day. Seems OB making a big resurgence these days too. How do such speakers measure?
  3. WillBrink

ATC speakers / Monitors

I don't give a damn about the state of their factory of they make great speakers, which they do.
  4. WillBrink

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I left as comment on the vid where he's back peddling on the usage of the litigation term, and it appears he removed the vid after no one was buying his version of it in the comments. Hmmm. For myself, I'd always been interested in that brand until now. He's cost himself far more biz with that...
  5. WillBrink

Open baffle speaker design

OB seems to be making a big comeback recently. Like bell bottom jeans...
  6. WillBrink

I'm amazed that I can't find a thread discussing this

It was a good read for me that came to expected findings. I was curious about the ATC SCM 12. I have had 11's and 19s, never heard of the 12. Looks like an older model. We all know if you post such an article on various forums, they will find some reason to deny those findings.
  7. WillBrink

Peter Gabriel's 2023 album "I/O"

Can't speak to the multi chan thing, listening 2 chan to it via streaming Qobuz/Roon. Sounds good, not great, on my system. One thing about say SO I enjoyed so much was not just the music, but how well recorded it was. Did some mentioned they thought the Dark Side sounded better than the bright...
  8. WillBrink

Great song from a great LP.
  9. WillBrink

ATC speakers / Monitors

I think I know that guy... ;)
  10. WillBrink

ATC speakers / Monitors

I had the 11s and the 19s, and as much as I liked the 11s, 19s are noticeably better, subjectively at least. But, almost 2X the price and not 2X better however. I could easily live with the 11s and subs, but I decided 19s plus subs vs 40s was the way I wanted to go personally. With DSP and base...
  11. WillBrink

Thanx for the heads up boys, will give it a listen ASAP. SO is still on regular rotation in my house.
  12. WillBrink

Rythmik FM8

I'm confused now. Fm8 or F18? Thread was on Fm8 dual 8" subs.
  13. WillBrink

ATC speakers / Monitors

As someone who has had the 11s, and then the 19s, I have no problems believing that.
  14. WillBrink

Omnidirectional speakers

They have a "wow" factor that lasts about 10 minutes, then they're good for parties perhaps and little more.
  15. WillBrink

ATC speakers / Monitors

Maybe I will take a look in my 19s sometime, Only using that vid for discussion of lack of insulation, no bracing, and thin cabinets in the SCM v2 line vs support for his recs, or opinions, etc:
  16. WillBrink

ATC speakers / Monitors

ATC adds little for insulation nor any cross bracing in the SCM series. Is it possible that's part of the issue? It costs them nothing to do so, so I'm assuming they have their reasons based on measurements.
  17. WillBrink

Pics you’ve taken,

Pew pew...
  18. WillBrink

Pics you’ve taken,

Antique carousel
  19. WillBrink

Pics you’ve taken,

Thanx. She's very photogenic doggy.
  20. WillBrink

ATC speakers / Monitors

Are you likely to get 40HZ from it at any SPL much less 100?
Top Bottom