Search results

1. G

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

I auditoned Sonos when I was looking for speakers for my kitchen, but ended up going for tower speakers with a streamer instead. This was pre-pandemic though, so probably an earlier version? I thought it sounded tubby and boxy, for lack of technical terms...
  2. G

Shanling M0 Pro DAP Review

Modern phones are "mobile" in a very relative sense of the word... I would pay double for one of these if it had a telephone function, so I could go jogging when I'm on call for work.
  3. G

Best ever audio upgrade - no electronics involved.

You found one. Mind you, before you start you should make sure that you don't have a history of previous (unhealed) tympanic perforation or surgical procedure to the ear. And for comfort, if not for safety, make sure the water is finger-warm when you start rincing, or you might get more fun than...
  4. G

B&W 800D3 HiFi Speaker = Porsche GT3 Sport Car

Let's keep in mind that the 911 is, whime well enginered, still att best a gimmick-car because of the wonky design choice of placing the treble... uhm, I mean the engine... uhrm... ... In fact, I think B&W might be EXACTLY the 911 GT3 of HiFi speakers!
  5. G

Erin's IKEA SYMFONISK Lamp Speaker Review

I feel people are missing the important question: Is it a good lamp?
  6. G

Erin's review for the March Audio Sointuva

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who finds a Genelec aesthetically preferable to this speaker has just failed his Turing test... Edit: Seriously, I would love to ser pictures of a finish in Jarrah wood
  7. G

Topping Balanced DAC for Adam T5V

I bought the T5V to use with an E30/L30 stack for my PC, and the tweeter hiss was quite annoying. I had to turn the volume knob om the speakers almost all the way down for it to be tolerable. Recently replaced the DAC/preamp with Shenzhen EX5 and balanced cables, and the hiss seems to have...
  8. G

Steve Guttenberg Doesn't Believe in Law of Diminishing Returns?

This is an under appreciated comment. Who holds back the electric car?
  9. G

Nobsound NS-02E Review (Tube Headphone Amp)

For US$60 I'd buy this as a windowsill ornament. If it can make some sound, that's just a bonus.
  10. G

Philips Fidelio X2HR Review (headphone)

I own the X2 (not HR), Sennheiser HD650 and ATH-MX50x. Out of those three, the X2:s provide the listening experience I like the most - but not for all content! For some recordings, like The Beatles, Lady Madonna (Tidal, 2009 remaster) I find them gritty and harsh, for others like Cat Stevens...
Top Bottom