Search results

1. RogerD

The most important parameter of all: overall system integrity

One thing for sure ignorant assh@@@ are on every audio forum.
  2. RogerD

Entreq "signal grounding" Measurements

Entreq calls it a "sink" see here https://www.tweekgeek.com/entreq-poseidon/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAt9vEBRDQmPSow-q5gs8BEiQAaWSEDk2_aL2HkyIwJHAZZiiP8tnwBKEGd13oOD_RgdoDyiwaAnwB8P8HAQ and Tripoint does use a tether back to mains ground. What these devices are attempting to do is act like a equipment rack...
  3. RogerD

Entreq "signal grounding" Measurements

Imho most of these grounding devices contain a lot of marketing hype. The hype is to justify a high price. All it really is,is a ground sink where current noise can be removed to the sink. The main problem with these is the cables used are way to small and expensive which is complete bs. To...
  4. RogerD

What Happened to Hi Fi?

Frank....though women love the cinema and the musical soundtrack intensifies the emotional connection. Women might not like hi fi but that's probably a control or home interior design thing. Women are just more practical about spending money....just like most guys say....I hope she never finds...
  5. RogerD

What Happened to Hi Fi?

What happened to Hi Fi? Same thing as every other man hobby.....inflation created a cost spiral and the information age coupled with Asia coming of age put everything out of reach of most people. Glad I purchased stuff in the 1970's,80's.90's and 2000 while I still worked. Yes the only bargain...
  6. RogerD

Your Guiding Audio Principles

Platinum Audio, Agtron Electronics,Carl Staub Reno Nevada,USA Carl left audio and became the coffee roasting guru....too much politics and ass kissing required in audio. http://www.agtron.net/Coffee.html
  7. RogerD

These were made in 1991....iirc only 6 pair made...retail was 6k a piece.
  8. RogerD

Frank I think my mono blocks fit the bill, as instead of fuses they have 25 amp circuit breakers. I can always arc weld with them...he he.
  9. RogerD

EMI/RFI thoughts and discussion on its management via cables etc

Sorry Don, I would only focus on chassis grounding. If it improved the sonics, I would go heavier. After experimenting a good 20 amp dedicated circuit 10 /3 seems fine. I've come to understand that most audiophile jewelry i.e. Cables high $$ and pwr conditioners, $$ duplexes are just small fixes...
  10. RogerD

Chassis grounding seems like a bottomless pit. I would never spend any money from the electrical panel in and just focus on chassis grounding,amazing results.
  11. RogerD

I mean that those qualities are not price dependent or even age dependent.
  12. RogerD

Your Top 5 Demo / Test Tracks

Lawrence of Arabia soundtrack varese sarabande Frank Sinatra & Count Basie Reprise Virgil Fox Living Stereo Mitch Miller Tip toe through the tulips Columbia A night in San Francisco John McLaughlin diana krall live in paris A case of you Mahler's 8th Finale EMI
  13. RogerD

1. Buy the most transparent,high resolution and coherent equipment you can,not dependent on price 2. Anything that expands the sound stage and increases clarity is good. 3. Grounding,grounding,grounding: Signal and Chassis 4.Focus on bass reproduction articulation as that effects the mid...
  14. RogerD

Not yet....but use some kind of junction with a single lead to the preamp,maybe.
  15. RogerD

I use my preamp enclosure as the star point. Everything that is IC'd is in the circuit.
  16. RogerD

Hi Frank, You know I just read something..... http://www.rane.com/note151.html read the part about signal ground and chassis ground. I have never read this part of Rane before. What I have done is chassis grounded my system which is unbalanced. I have also found that the size of the strap...
  17. RogerD

Hi Frank, I now use 5 amplifiers,about 5k and 23 drivers...my ground sink did away with any grounding issues. Somehow it seems like all my system is now ground balanced. Maybe some can address that possibility. I have 9 pieces of equipment, 7 different manufacturers tied to the ground sink.
  18. RogerD

Well I'd like to hear his thoughts then. I do use a ground sink and it's impact has been profound,although I do focus on the pathway which is much larger.
Top Bottom