Search results

1. TheNannerpus

Active Speaker Recommendations for USA (by @sweetchaos)

Great list. I've bookmarked this list because it is so valuable. Two questions: 1. Why does the JBL 308p mkii disappear from the list after $800/pr with a 5.7 rating when the 'Worthy" list has preference scores less than it does after that price point? 2. Are you maintaining, or do you have...
  2. TheNannerpus

Testing the brand new Linn Klimax DSM/3 (MSRP $39,000)

Came here hoping to see a review on some $39k piece of equipment I didn't know anything about. Instead, amir is put on blast by his neighbor. Seems like this thread never needed to see the light of day. What a tragic comedy.
  3. TheNannerpus

Wanted Pioneer SP-BS22-LR or Philharmonic modded version

I've got 3 pairs. I can pm prices and pics if you're willing to pay price + shipping + transaction fees, if any (i.e. PayPal). I live in East-central WI. - 1 pair lightly used, never abused - 1 pair NIB - 1 pair modded by Dennis Murphy, one of the last ones he did (our chat is on this...
  4. TheNannerpus

My first youtube interview... I am famous now!!!

She sounds open minded. And I'm aware who Ravi is (may he rest in eternal glory). This is getting off topic. The focus should be Amir's interview, and how to help Hionhifi create more great content for the cable-lifter crowd, and other science-based people like me. :)
  5. TheNannerpus

I gotta go with Ravi Zacharias as equally high, but more understandable and engaging. I think Amir has the same skill.
  6. TheNannerpus

Good question. I'm not very forum-literate, but is @-ing you from any thread a good way for you to collect questions? For example, an interesting conversation is ongoing and someone throws out an @HionHiFi to get your attention. Or make an alt account named @questions, or some such variation...
  7. TheNannerpus

Well done interview, I really enjoyed it. This interview proved to me that Amir is very personable, reasonable, and well-spoken. (Not that this wasn't already true, but I had no sense of who Amir is until watching this.) I think there's more gold to be mined here. The suggestion of more...
  8. TheNannerpus

Affordable Accuracy Monitor Review

Dang it. I told my wife I was done buying speakers. :p
  9. TheNannerpus

Dennis, I received them last Friday - they are wonderful so far. I've fallen down a bit of a listening rabbit hole and can't seem to pull myself out of it. It's always "one more song."
  10. TheNannerpus

Sign me up! How do I order?
  11. TheNannerpus

Hello Mr. Murphy, New to the forum here, but I was wondering if you have any more of the AAM's available? I'm listening to BS22LRs right now, wishing to hear your modded version. Highly interested if you have any! -Joe
  12. TheNannerpus

Topping E30 DAC Review

Apparently my emojis did not get posted, so you would have seen I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek with a couple of my questions.:) I see now that I need to use the emojis above and not the RMB menu ones. I was hoping for more audible improvement to my music - that the E30 would be superior to...
  13. TheNannerpus

Topping E30 DAC Review

Thanks for the feedback. I will give the volume adjustment a try. When you suggest lowering 3dB - is that with the E30? I'm in DAC mode and volume is not controllable, so should I switch to Pre? The switch is a passive 4-port Panlong unit.
  14. TheNannerpus

Topping E30 DAC Review

Hi all, I discovered this website about a week ago and have not gotten much sleep since. I have taken Amir's review of the E30 and many of your subsequent comments to heart and ordered one, which arrived today. I am confused as to what my ears now hear and am looking for feedback. Near-field...
Top Bottom