Search results

1. A

Sigberg Audio SBS.1 Active speakers development thread

very considerate! And ofc it brings additional bragging rights too :D
  2. A

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

probably another unlikely one, but I'd love to see an objective measurement of a pair of Jern 14 speakers. I'm intrigued by the cast iron that they claim has superior characteristics compared to wood/MDF speakers and they receive plenty subjective praise. But I can't find much objective...
  3. A

Bike Advice

let me see what I can get you. One source that is based on power measurements on cranks can be found here: http://kreuzotter.de/english/espeed.htm If you compare fast diamond frame bikes with a lowracer the difference between Cw*A is 1.8 for the low racer versus 3 for the fastest diamond frame...
  4. A

Bike Advice

there is: a recumbent built for speed has half the drag of a time trial bike (also built for speed). On top of that you will be sitting in a comfy position similar to a lounge chair and you will not have any saddle pain or numb wrists. You will also sit in a position allowing you to see the...
  5. A

Bike Advice

I don't know all the brands mentioned, but e.g. comparing Shimano vs. SRAM, Shimano used to require less force when changing speeds, while SRAM had a bit more noticeable "clicks" requiring more force (don't know how it is nowadays). Quality should be mostly similar so the difference is very much...
  6. A

Bike Advice

Well, those who ride recumbents are very scientific about what works. There are also those who ride what feels right. The horror! :facepalm:
  7. A

Bike Advice

It's not at all forgotten! The OP asked for something that could be used indoor. Otherwise I'd have surely advocated the M5 Carbon High Racer as the ultimate racing bike you can get.
  8. A

Development thread: High-end dual opposing 10" subwoofer: Sigberg Audio 10D

If it's slightly lower it is maybe easier to let it double as a side table. On another note, to have more freedom to place it in front of a closet that has to open occasionally, wheels could be quite handy. I personally would place a big plant on it. A perfect cube with wheels that have a...
  9. A

Say "Hello!" to boXem | audio Arthur series, Hypex and Purifi based power amplifiers

ok, thanks VintageFlanker and boXem. I don't think telling correctly what your product can and cannot do makes you a bad salesman. You've correctly argued the alternatives have their limits too.
  10. A

Say "Hello!" to boXem | audio Arthur series, Hypex and Purifi based power amplifiers

so, is it like: you turn on the DAC, put the CD in the player and in the couple of seconds that takes, the Amp has powered on in time for the music to start?
  11. A

Hi, another first post here :D I'm searching for a power amplifier to maybe drive a pair of Jern 14 speakers and the Arthur's seem like good candidates. The auto on/auto off function sounds really convenient, I just wonder how sensitive it is. Will it wake up the amp on a tiny bit of noise...
Top Bottom